Species similar to or like Insect
Insects or Insecta (from Latin insectum) are pancrustacean hexapod invertebrates and the largest group within the arthropod phylum. Wikipedia
- Insects and probably other vectors such as rain carry the spermatia from spermagonium to spermagonium, cross inoculating the mating types.
- Insects developed the ability to fly in the Early Carboniferous or Late Devonian, enabling them among other things to escape from predators.
- Insects in the family Tettigoniidae are commonly called katydids (in Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the United States), or bush crickets.
- Insects in the family Ichneumonidae are commonly called ichneumon wasps, or ichneumonids.
- Insects and arthropods are swept along by the prevailing winds, making them good indicators of the presence of outflow boundaries.
- Insects possess segmented bodies supported by a hard-jointed outer covering, the exoskeleton, made mostly of chitin.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Insect