Airlines similar to or like Interflug
The national airline of the German Democratic Republic from 1963 to 1990. Wikipedia
East German vehicle registration plates were issued in the former German Democratic Republic between 1953 and 1990. Less than 50 cm3 were exempt from registration. Wikipedia
The border guard of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) from 1946 to 1990. The Grenztruppen were the primary force guarding the Berlin Wall and the Inner German border, the GDR's international borders between West Berlin and West Germany respectively. Wikipedia
- East Germany instead established Interflug as its national airline in 1963, which coincided with the East German Lufthansa being shut down.
- The trade-off for the reinforced airframe is the relatively high fuel consumption and some airlines such as Interflug modified their planes to reduce fuel consumption.
- In 1988 the East German airline Interflug is said to have prepared to take delivery of two Il-86s and to have allocated them the registrations DDR-AAA and DDR-AAB.
- An Il-18 (registration DDR-STD) belonging to Interflug and used as a transport by East German leaders, including Erich Honecker, has been converted into a static hotel suite in The Netherlands.
- Its staff, fleet and route network were transferred to Interflug, which had been founded as a state-owned charter airline in 1958 and served as East German flag carrier thenceforth.
- Thus, aircraft of the East German flag carrier Interflug could use Schönefeld airport, while West German Lufthansa was denied access to Tegel or Tempelhof airports.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Interflug