Languages similar to or like International English
Concept of the English language as a global means of communication in numerous dialects, and the movement towards an international standard for the language. Wikipedia
Pidgin dialect of English based on common mistranslations and the technical jargon of the European Union and the native languages of its non-native English speaking population. Mostly used among EU staff, expatriates from EU countries, young international travellers , European diplomats, and sometimes by other Europeans that use English as a second or foreign language (especially Continental Europeans). Wikipedia
West Germanic language first spoken in early medieval England, which eventually became the leading language of international discourse in the 21st century. Named after the Angles, one of the ancient Germanic peoples that migrated to the area of Great Britain that later took their name, England. Wikipedia
Sentences forInternational English
- It retained this role until approximately the middle of the 20th century, when it was replaced by English as the United States became the dominant global power following the Second World War.
- The contemporary American slang used in the translation deviates from a more neutral International English, and it falls on the extreme dynamic end of the dynamic and formal equivalence spectrum.
- The English spelling for certain SI units differs: US English uses the spelling deka-, meter, and liter, whilst International English uses deca-, metre, and litre.
- The other potential shift in the linguistic center of gravity is that English could lose its international role altogether, or come to share it with a number of equals.
- The notions of World English and World Englishes are far from similar, although the terms are often mistakenly used interchangeably.
- In his article "What is Standard English", Crystal hypothesises that, globally, English will both split and converge, with local variants becoming less mutually comprehensible and therefore necessitating the rise of what he terms World Standard Spoken English (see also International English).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: International English