Militant organizations similar to or like International Sikh Youth Federation
Proscribed organisation that aims to establish an independent homeland for the Sikhs of India in Khalistan. Wikipedia
Tamil militant organisation that was based in northeastern Sri Lanka. To secure an independent state of Tamil Eelam in the north and east in response to the state policies of successive Sri Lankan governments that were widely considered discriminative towards the minority Sri Lankan Tamils, as well as the oppressive actions—including anti-Tamil pogroms in 1956 and 1958—carried out by the majority Sinhalese. Wikipedia
Islamist militant organization which aims to fight the governments of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Myanmar and Bangladesh in order to establish an Islamic state. The militant group has also stated its intentions to attack American targets in the Indian Subcontinent. Wikipedia
Maoist communist political party and militant organization in India which aims to overthrow the government of India through people's war. Founded on 21 September 2004, through the merger of the Communist Party of India People's War (People's War Group) and the Maoist Communist Centre of India (MCCI). Wikipedia
Insurgent group active in the state of Manipur in the Northeast India which aims at establishing a sovereign and socialist Manipur. The United Nation Liberation Front's movement manifested as a result of several similar movements of the same political agenda. Wikipedia
African militant jihadist organisation formed by a merger between Ahmed Ould Amer, a.k.a. Ahmed al-Tilemsi's Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa and Mokhtar Belmokhtar's Al-Mulathameen. On 4 December 2015, it joined Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM). Wikipedia
Acronym for Euskadi Ta Askatasuna , was an armed Basque nationalist and separatist organization in the Basque Country (in northern Spain and southwestern France). Founded in 1959 and later evolved from a group promoting traditional Basque culture to a paramilitary group engaged in a violent campaign of bombing, assassinations and kidnappings in the Southern Basque Country and throughout Spanish territory. Wikipedia
Specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Wikipedia
Malaysia–United States relations are bilateral ties between Malaysia and the United States established diplomatic ties upon Malayan independence in 1957. The predecessor state to Malaysia, a larger federation which was formed through the merger of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore in 1963. Wikipedia
The Ministry of Home Affairs of India has banned a number of organizations that have been proscribed as terrorist organizations under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. the banned groups are: Wikipedia
Sentences forInternational Sikh Youth Federation
- Inderjit Singh Reyat, a Canadian national and member of the International Sikh Youth Federation who pleaded guilty in 2003 to manslaughter, would be the only person convicted in the case.
- A leader of the International Sikh Youth Federation complained that no Indian consuls or ambassadors had yet been killed, but the response was, "You will see. Something will be done in two weeks".
- He had also published articles accusing Jasbir Singh Rode, who was general secretary of the International Sikh Youth Federation, of stealing public funds.
- The leadership of Sikh Federation is almost entirely made from former members of International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF).
- Dosanjh also expressed concerns over some attendees wearing International Sikh Youth Federation T-shirts, a group he claimed supported extremists.
- Sikh Youth UK, who were behind the protest, blamed "a rogue Gurdwara committee creating discord".
- Lord Bassam of Brighton, then Home Office minister, stated that International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF) members working from the UK had committed "assassinations, bombings, and kidnappings" and were a "threat to national security."
- The International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF) was deproscribed in March 2016.
- India has also accused the ISI of reinvigorating sepratism and insurgencies in the country via support to pro-Khalistan militant groups such as the International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF), in order to destabilize India.
- Singh was at one time a member of the International Sikh Youth Federation.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: International Sikh Youth Federation