Settlements similar to or like Invercargill
Southernmost and westernmost city in New Zealand, and one of the southernmost cities in the world. Wikipedia
- Christchurch is the driest city, receiving about 640 mm (25 in) of rain per year while Invercargill is the wettest, receiving about 1,150 mm (45 in).
- As early as 6 August 1884, under the leadership of Eliza Ann Palmer Brown in Invercargill, a WCTU branch had started in New Zealand.
- Invercargill Prison, in Invercargill, accommodates up to 172 minimum to low-medium security prisoners.
- The Province of Southland separated from Otago Province and set up its own Provincial Council at Invercargill in 1861.
- The University of Otago College of Education is now based on the College site, and includes the College's campuses in Invercargill and Alexandra.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Invercargill