Topics similar to or like Iron Age
Final epoch of the three-age division of the prehistory and protohistory of humanity. Wikipedia
The Neolithic (, also known as the "New Stone Age"), the final division of the Stone Age, began about 12,000 years ago when the first developments of farming appeared in the Epipalaeolithic Near East, and later in other parts of the world. The Neolithic division lasted (in that part of the world) until the transitional period of the Chalcolithic from about 6,500 years ago (4500 BCE), marked by the development of metallurgy, leading up to the Bronze Age and Iron Age. Wikipedia
Prehistoric period that was characterized by the use of bronze, in some areas proto-writing, and other early features of urban civilization. Second principal period of the three-age Stone-Bronze-Iron system, as proposed in modern times by Christian Jürgensen Thomsen, for classifying and studying ancient societies. Wikipedia
Sentences forIron Age
- During the period 2000–500 BCE, many regions of the subcontinent transitioned from the Chalcolithic cultures to the Iron Age ones.
- As they migrated, these larger Iron Age populations displaced or assimilated earlier peoples.
- Irish, though now only the language of a minority, was the vernacular of the Irish people for thousands of years and was possibly introduced during the Iron Age.
- La Tène culture developed and flourished during the late Iron Age from around 450 BC, possibly under some influence from the Greek and Etruscan civilisations.
- Little has been found dating from the early Iron Age (the last 500 years BC).
- The settlement of Troy started in the Neolithic Age and continued into the Iron Age.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Iron Age