Musical artists similar to or like Iron Maiden
English heavy metal band formed in Leyton, East London, in 1975 by bassist and primary songwriter Steve Harris. Wikipedia
Iron Maiden are a British heavy metal band, founded in 1975 by bassist Steve Harris in London, England. After several personnel changes in the 1970s, the band settled on a lineup of Harris, Paul Di'Anno (lead vocals), Dave Murray (lead and rhythm guitars), Dennis Stratton (backing vocals, lead and rhythm guitar) and Clive Burr (drums), before they set out on their first professional tour, the Metal for Muthas Tour which supported the compilation album of the same name. Wikipedia
English heavy metal band founded in 1975 by bassist Steve Harris, includes sixteen studio albums, as well as numerous live albums, compilations, EPs, singles, video albums, music videos, and box sets. After several personnel changes, they released their self-titled debut album in 1980 with vocalist Paul Di'Anno, guitarists Dave Murray and Dennis Stratton, and drummer Clive Burr, quickly becoming one of the leading proponents of the new wave of British heavy metal movement. Wikipedia
Iron Maiden are a British heavy metal band, formed in 1975 by bassist and only original member Steve Harris, and since 1999, also consists of vocalist Bruce Dickinson, guitarists Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers, and drummer Nicko McBrain. The band have released sixteen studio albums: Iron Maiden (1980), Killers (1981), The Number of the Beast (1982), Piece of Mind (1983), Powerslave (1984), Somewhere in Time (1986), Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988), No Prayer for the Dying (1990), Fear of the Dark (1992), The X Factor (1995), Virtual XI (1998), Brave New World (2000), Dance of Death (2003), A Matter of Life and Death (2006), The Final Frontier (2010) and The Book of Souls (2015). Wikipedia
Sentences forIron Maiden
- Iron Maiden's 1980 7-inch single "Sanctuary" was a re-recording of a song that had been given for use on the Metal For Muthas compilation the previous year.
- In popular culture, the British heavy metal band Iron Maiden included a song titled "Alexander the Great" on their 1986 album Somewhere in Time.
- Lars Urlich multiple times cited Iron Maiden as probably the biggest influence on Metallica's career and the all further achievements.
- Each genre experienced a fragmentation of styles at this time, and many metal bands from the new wave of British heavy metal -most notably Iron Maiden- onwards displayed progressive rock influences.
- The band proceeded to tour the United States, Australia and Japan, while serving as opening acts on North America shows by Iron Maiden and Aerosmith.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Iron Maiden