People similar to or like Irving Berlin
American composer and lyricist, widely considered one of the greatest songwriters in American history. Wikipedia
American close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras. The group consisted of three sisters: contralto LaVerne Sophia (July 6, 1911 – May 8, 1967), soprano Maxene Anglyn (January 3, 1916 – October 21, 1995), and mezzo-soprano Patricia Marie "Patty" (February 16, 1918 – January 30, 2013). Wikipedia
Sentences forIrving Berlin
- Even before hostilities commenced in Europe, one of the most played songs on radio was Irving Berlin's "God Bless America", popularized by CBS personality Kate Smith.
- The biggest hit song of Crosby's career was his recording of Irving Berlin's "White Christmas," which he introduced on a Christmas Day radio broadcast in 1941.
- The 1940s would begin with more hits from Porter, Irving Berlin, Rodgers and Hart, Weill and Gershwin, some with runs over 500 performances as the economy rebounded, but artistic change was in the air.
- Irving Berlin, who admired and championed Porter, took out a paid press advertisement calling the show "The best musical comedy I've heard in years. ... One of the best collections of song numbers I have ever listened to".
- Like Irving Berlin, he was a close follower of cultural fashion and changing language, which in part accounted for the long tenure of his success.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Irving Berlin