Religious groups similar to or like Islam in India
Second-largest religion in India, with 14.2% of the country's population or approx. 172.2 million people identifying as adherents of Islam . Wikipedia
Muslim conquests in the Indian subcontinent mainly took place from the 12th to the 16th centuries, though earlier Muslim conquests include the invasions into modern Pakistan and the Umayyad campaigns in India, during the time of the Rajput kingdoms in the 8th century. Ideological link to the suzerainty of the Abbasid Caliphate, invaded and plundered vast parts of Punjab and Gujarat, starting from the Indus River, during the 10th century. Wikipedia
Sentences forIslam in India
- According to the 2011 census, Hinduism was the principal religion in the state at 79.8% of the total population, while Muslims constituted 11.5% of the total population.
- Discrimination against Muslims in India escalated after public health authorities identified an Islamic missionary (Tablighi Jamaat) group's gathering in New Delhi in early March 2020 as a source of spread.
- India is the country with the largest Muslim population outside Muslim-majority countries.
- Nehru had hoped to elevate Maulana Azad as the preeminent leader of Indian Muslims, but in this, he was undermined by Gandhi, who continued to treat Jinnah as the voice of Indian Muslims.
- In Gujarat the predominant religion is Hinduism, although Muslim kingdoms have left their influence in many parts of the province.
- Regarding her election in 2007, some reports claimed her victory was due to her ability to win support from both 17 per cent of Muslims and nearly 17 per cent Brahmins alongside 80 per cent of Dalits.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Islam in India