Books similar to or like Islands in the Stream (novel)
First of the posthumously published novels of Ernest Hemingway. Wikipedia
Second posthumously released novel of Ernest Hemingway, published in 1986. Hemingway started the novel in 1946 and worked on the manuscript for the next 15 years, during which time he also wrote The Old Man and the Sea, The Dangerous Summer, A Moveable Feast, and Islands in the Stream. Wikipedia
Novel by American writer Ernest Hemingway, published by Charles Scribner's Sons in 1950, after first being serialized in Cosmopolitan magazine earlier that year. Derived from the last words of U.S. Civil War Confederate General Thomas J. Jackson: “Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees.” Wikipedia
1926 novel by American writer Ernest Hemingway, his first, that portrays American and British expatriates who travel from Paris to the Festival of San Fermín in Pamplona to watch the running of the bulls and the bullfights. An early and enduring modernist novel, it received mixed reviews upon publication. Wikipedia
Ernest Hemingway's second son, and the first born to Hemingway's second wife Pauline Pfeiffer. During his childhood he travelled frequently with his parents, and then attended Harvard University, graduated in 1950, and shortly thereafter moved to East Africa where he lived for 25 years. Wikipedia
American novelist, short-story writer, journalist, and sportsman. His economical and understated style—which he termed the iceberg theory—had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his adventurous lifestyle and his public image brought him admiration from later generations. Wikipedia
Short story by American author Ernest Hemingway first published in August, 1936, in Esquire magazine. Republished in The Fifth Column and the First Forty-Nine Stories in 1938, The Snows of Kilimanjaro and Other Stories in 1961, and is included in The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway: The Finca Vigía Edition . Wikipedia
Book of the collected poetry of author Ernest Hemingway, published in 1979. It includes a number of poems published in magazines, the poems which appeared in Hemingway's first book, Three Stories and Ten Poems, and 47 previously unpublished poems that were found in private collections and in the Hemingway papers held by the Kennedy Library. Wikipedia
Ernest Hemingway short story published in his first American volume of stories In Our Time. Originally written as a vignette for his earlier Paris edition of the collection, titled in our time, he rewrote and expanded the piece for the 1925 American edition published by Boni & Liveright. Wikipedia
Collection of works by Ernest Hemingway. Previously published along with the First Forty-Nine Stories in 1938, along with four unpublished works about Hemingway's experiences during the Spanish Civil War. Wikipedia
Sentences forIslands in the Stream (novel)
- After his death, a manuscript was discovered in a vault in the garage; this work was published posthumously in 1970 as Islands in the Stream.
- In Ernest Hemingway's novel Islands in the Stream, the main character Thomas Hudson commands a Q-ship for the US Navy around Cuba as he hunts the survivors of a sunken German U-boat.
- Named after the Ernest Hemingway novel, it was originally written for Marvin Gaye in an R&B style, only later to be changed for the Kenny Rogers album.
- His hunting for U-Boats was inspiration for the third act, "At Sea", in his novel Islands in the Stream.
- Several of Hemingway's books were influenced by time spent on the boat, most notably, The Old Man and the Sea (1953) and Islands in the Stream (1970).
- The island provides the setting for the climax of Hemingway's last novel Islands in the Stream
- The Caribbean and Central American coasts are famous for gunkholing opportunities and have been portrayed in a great deal of literature, including Ernest Hemingway's "Islands in the Stream."
- It is mentioned in the novel Islands in the Stream by Ernest Hemingway.
- Meanwhile, Islands in the Stream, a posthumously released Ernest Hemingway novel, was released.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Islands in the Stream (novel)