Songs similar to or like Islands in the Stream (song)
Song written by the Bee Gees and sung by American country music artists Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Wikipedia
Song written and originally recorded in 1973 by American singer-songwriter Dolly Parton. Released in 1974 as a single and was written as a farewell to her former partner and mentor of seven years, Porter Wagoner, following Parton's decision to leave The Porter Wagoner Show and pursue a solo career. Wikipedia
Song written by David Malloy, Richard "Spady" Brannon and Randy McCormick, and recorded as a duet by American entertainers Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers that topped the U.S. country singles charts in August 1985. Released in April 1985 the second single and title track from Parton's Real Love album. Wikipedia
American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music. After achieving success as a songwriter for others, Parton made her album debut in 1967 with Hello, I'm Dolly, which led to success during the remainder of the 1960s (both as a solo artist and with a series of duet albums with Porter Wagoner), before her sales and chart peak came during the 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Wikipedia
Collaborative studio album by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Released on October 29, 1984, by RCA Records. Wikipedia
Sentences forIslands in the Stream (song)
- In September 2001, the Bee Gees re-recorded "Islands in the Stream", which became their last session as a group, as Gibb did not seem to be present on the session in Middle Ear Studios, Miami Beach, Florida.
- Kenny Rogers also had a duet hit with Parton, the Bee Gees-penned "Islands in the Stream", which topped the country and pop singles charts in late 1983.
- Jones and co-star Rob Brydon recorded "Islands in the Stream" (a song performed by their characters in the programme) as a single for Comic Relief in 2009; the song reached No. 1 in the chart.
- In the fifth episode of the second series (6 April 2008), for Gwen's birthday barn dance, Bryn and Nessa perform a duet of "Islands in the Stream".
- "Amazed" also charted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the first country song to do so since "Islands in the Stream" in 1983.
- On the Hot 100, it was his only solo chart-topping song, although Rogers would have a duet No. 1 three years later (1983's "Islands in the Stream" with Dolly Parton).
- Islands in the Stream by Kenny Rogers/
- On 15 June, she performed "Islands in the Stream" on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Islands in the Stream (song)