Music genres similar to or like J-pop
Musical genre that entered the musical mainstream of Japan in the 1990s. Wikipedia
The best-selling music artists in Japan include Japanese artists with claims of 15 million or more record sales. Largest physical music market in the world and the second largest overall behind the United States, and the biggest in Asia, according to International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. Wikipedia
- Popular music in post-war Japan has been heavily influenced by American and European trends, which has led to the evolution of J-pop.
- The title, initially announced in 2008, would have featured J-pop music, and would have been "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market".
- Music from idol singers is generally categorized under J-pop, though talent agencies may label them under the sub-genre "idol pop" for further distinction.
- Sakamoto's second marriage ended in August 2006, 14 years after a mutual decision to live separately—Yano and Sakamoto raised one daughter, J-pop singer Miu Sakamoto.
- Electronic J-pop band Perfume performed one concert on 3 November 2010 titled "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11" to mark their 10th going into 11th year as a band.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: J-pop