F1 drivers similar to or like Jacky Ickx
Belgian former racing driver who won the 24 Hours of Le Mans six times and achieved eight wins and 25 podium finishes in Formula One. Wikipedia
British racing driver and team owner, who was the Formula One World Champion twice, winning in and as well as being runner up on three occasions (1963, 1964 and 1965). Already 24 years of age, and only entering the world of motorsports a year later, Hill would go on to become one of the greatest drivers of his generation. Wikipedia
Retired British racing driver. Very successful in sportscar racing and the World Sportscar Championship, winning the 1970 Targa Florio with a Porsche 908 and the 12 Hours of Sebring twice, in 1975 with a BMW Coupé, in 1978 with a Porsche 935 and the Spa-Francorchamps 1000km race 4 times . Wikipedia
American automobile racer and the only American-born driver to win the Formula One World Drivers' Championship (Mario Andretti, an Italian American driver, won the World Drivers' Championship in 1978, but was not born in the United States). He also scored three wins at each of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and 12 Hours of Sebring sports car races. Wikipedia
German-born racing driver who represented Austria during his career, the first Austrian to take part in a Formula One Grand Prix. Killed during practice for the Italian Grand Prix and became the only driver to be posthumously awarded the Formula One World Drivers' Championship. Wikipedia
English Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and Formula One driver. Four-time 500 cc motorcycle World Champion – winning that title in 1956, 1958, 1959 and 1960 – the Formula One World Champion in 1964, and remains the only person to have won World Championships on both two and four wheels. Wikipedia
Sentences forJacky Ickx
- The Belgian driver, Jacky Ickx, won eight Grands Prix and six 24 Hours of Le Mans and finished twice as runner-up in the Formula One World Championship.
- Initially Jacky Ickx held the record at six, scoring victories between 1969 and, earning him an honorary citizenship to the town of Le Mans.
- Feeling this type of start was unsafe, in the race, Jacky Ickx opposed it by walking across the track while his competitors ran.
- With the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix in August, turn 11 will be named after famous Belgian racing driver Jacky Ickx as a tribute to his career.
- Throughout the 1960s, Tyrrell moved through the lower formulas, variously giving single seater debuts to John Surtees and Jacky Ickx.
- The top three finishers were powered by DFVs, with the Gulf-sponsored Mirage driven by Jacky Ickx and Derek Bell finishing first.
- His replacement, Jacky Ickx, had a strong second half to the season, winning in Germany and Canada, after Brabham was sidelined by a testing accident.
- He signed with Ferrari in 1971, and won several races with co-driver Jacky Ickx.
- 6-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Jacky Ickx described the R8 as "the best handling road car today".
- The 1968 Formula One season was better; Jacky Ickx drove with one win in France and several good positions, which gave him a chance at the World Championship until a practise crash in Canada, and Amon led several races but won none.
- Later, FISA fined the clerk of the course, Jacky Ickx, $6,000 and suspended his licence for not consulting the stewards before stopping the race.
- Races up until 1969 began with the traditional Le Mans start procedure, which was abolished at the end of the 1969 season following Jacky Ickx protesting; by 1970, drivers strapped into their cars waited until the starter waved the green flag, when they drove away.
- In 2011, Nick Percat became the first rookie to win the Bathurst 1000 since Jacky Ickx in 1977, alongside Garth Tander, with Tander only just holding off Lowndes in a close finish.
- Jacky Ickx made his Grand Prix debut at the Nürburgring in a Formula Two car in 1966.
- He is also one of two drivers to win the Spa 1000km on both the original and current circuits, the other being Jacky Ickx.
- There was a frightening increase in race average speed in 1969, for it rose by 10 mph, to 127.2 mph when Stewart won in his Matra-Cosworth MS80 from Jacky Ickx (Brabham-Cosworth BT26) and Bruce McLaren driving one of his own Cosworth-powered M7Cs.
- Seventeen laps from the finish, however, his car's transmission failed and a distraught Amon had to be consoled by Jacky Ickx.
- The event was won by a Porsche 911 Carrera RSR as the prototypes such as Jacky Ickx's Ferrari suffered crashes or other troubles.
- The car, however, proved to be a failure, disliked by both Peterson and his teammate Ickx.
- The 1977 race saw Pescarolo's Le Mans rival Jacky Ickx win the race in a semi-works Falcon driving with Allan Moffat.
- Mass and Jacky Ickx teamed in a Porsche to claim victory in the Dijon Six-Hour Race.
- In, Jacky Ickx surprised the F1 establishment by posting the third-fastest qualifying time of 8:14" at the German Nürburgring in his 1600cc Matra MS7 F2, which was allowed to enter alongside the 3000cc F1 cars. In the race, he failed to finish due to a broken suspension.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Jacky Ickx