Topics similar to or like Jet injector
Type of medical injecting syringe device used for a method of drug delivery known as jet injection, in which a narrow, high-pressure stream of liquid penetrates without needle the outermost layer of the skin to deliver medication to targeted underlying tissues of the epidermis or dermis ("cutaneous" injection, also known as classical "intradermal" injection), fat ("subcutaneous" injection), or muscle ("intramuscular" injection). Wikipedia
Administered as a bolus into the subcutis, the layer of skin directly below the dermis and epidermis, collectively referred to as the cutis. Subcutaneous injections are highly effective in administering medications such as insulin, morphine, diacetylmorphine and goserelin. Wikipedia
Implant that is delivered under the skin into the subcutaneous tissue by surgery or injection and is used to deliver a drug for a long period of time. Examples of drugs that can be administered in this way include leuprorelin and the sex steroids estradiol and testosterone. Wikipedia
Intravenous drug administration technique used by recreational drug users in which an individual injects himself with blood extracted from another drug user, most commonly one who has injected heroin. To experience substance intoxication or to help combat symptoms of drug withdrawal. Wikipedia
Medical technique used sometimes in the management of strabismus, in which botulinum toxin is injected into selected extraocular muscles in order to reduce the misalignment of the eyes. Considered to be the first ever use of botulinum toxin for therapeutic purposes. Wikipedia
British physician best known for coining the word "hypodermic" and for realising that injections of morphine could relieve pain anywhere in the body, regardless of where the injection was delivered. The only son of surgeon Dr John Charles Hunter of Belgrave Square, London. Wikipedia
Functional medical imaging technique for probing perfusion and metabolism using injected substrates. Enabled by techniques for hyperpolarization of carbon-13-containing molecules using dynamic nuclear polarization and rapid dissolution to create an injectable solution. Wikipedia
Progestogen-only injectable contraceptives (POICs) are a form of hormonal contraception and progestogen-only contraception that are administered by injection and providing long-lasting birth control. Estrogen, and include two progestin preparations: Wikipedia
Sentences forJet injector
- If a high-pressure diesel fuel injector is removed from its seat and operated in open air, there is a risk to the operator of injury by hypodermic jet-injection, even with only 100 psi pressure.
- Jet injection had different insulin delivery peaks and durations as compared to needle injection.
- A newer variant of the autoinjector is the gas jet autoinjector, which contains a cylinder of pressurised gas and propels a fine jet of liquid through the skin without the use of a needle.
- In July 2009, the US FDA approved a single-use jet injector formulation of sumatriptan.
- People are continually drugged by means of monthly treatments (delivered via transdermal spray or jet injector) so that they will remain satisfied and cooperative "Family members".
- The hypospray has a real world counterpart called a jet injector, invented four years before the first Star Trek series debuted.
- The purified minicircle can be transferred into the recipient cell by transfection or lipofection and into a differentiated tissue by, for instance, jet injection.
- Known as the jet injector or “peace gun,” this was perhaps his greatest contribution to medicine.
- He was awarded the Lemelson-MIT Prize in 2007 for his work on the Atlas Powered Ascender, an improved needle-free jet injector system, and his work in engineering outreach with children.
- In Krisst’s basement Carter discovers a miniaturized jet injector that Krisst uses to inject his victims with a fast-growing fungus that attacks the brain.
- A hypospray is a fictional version of a jet injector.
- 1962 Jet injector
- As of 2010, there is no other clinically available form of insulin administration other than injection for patients with type 1: injection can be done by insulin pump, by jet injector, or any of several forms of hypodermic needle.
- She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a well-known proponent of the use of jet-injection devices in medicine.
- Gigauri was best known for his needle-free Jet injector, and a breathing apparatus used in space.
- Highlights of his 60-year medical career included involvement in the eradication of smallpox (1979); the development of the jet injector for vaccines and of oral rehydration for the victims of debilitating diarrhea; AIDS, cholera, and laboratory technology.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Jet injector