Tennis biographies similar to or like Jimmy Connors
American former world No. 1 tennis player. Wikipedia
Argentine former professional tennis player, No. 1 of the Grand Prix seasons in 1974, 1975 and 1977, who won four Grand Slam tournaments, one year-end Masters, nine Grand Prix Super Series titles and 62 total ATP titles. World Tennis, Agence France-Presse and Livre d'or du tennis 1977 (Christian Collin-Bernard Ficot), among other rankings and publications, rated him as world No. 1 in 1977 (while others ranked Björn Borg or Jimmy Connors No. 1). Wikipedia
Sentences forJimmy Connors
- (That year saw Arthur Ashe defeat defending champion Jimmy Connors, 6–1, 6–1, 5–7, 6–4, in the Gentlemen's Singles final, becoming the first Black male to win a Wimbledon singles title.
- Federer's versatility has been described by Jimmy Connors: "In an era of specialists, you're either a clay court specialist, a grass court specialist, or a hard court specialist... or you're Roger Federer."
- It was his eighth title in Dubai and he became only the second man after Jimmy Connors to reach the three figure mark in the Open Era.
- Jimmy Connors is the only individual to have won US Open singles titles on three surfaces (grass, clay, and hard), while Chris Evert is the only woman to win US Open singles titles on two surfaces (clay and hard).
- On 9 November 2020, Nadal officially passed Jimmy Connors for the most consecutive weeks in the Top 10 on the FedEx ATP Rankings as he has now spent a total of 790 consecutive weeks among the tennis elite.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Jimmy Connors