Musical artists similar to or like Jimmy Reed
American blues musician and songwriter. Wikipedia
American blues musician, a leading exponent of the swamp blues style, and "one of the most commercially successful blues artists of his day". His most successful and influential recordings included "I'm a King Bee" (1957), "Rainin' in My Heart" (1961), and "Baby Scratch My Back" (1966) which reached number one on Billboard s R&B chart and number 16 on its broader Hot 100 singles chart. Wikipedia
Sentences forJimmy Reed
- Strongly influenced by Jimmy Reed, swamp blues has a slower pace and a simpler use of the harmonica than the Chicago blues style performers such as Little Walter or Muddy Waters.
- Cox stated that during their time serving in the US military, he and Hendrix primarily listened to southern blues artists such as Jimmy Reed and Albert King.
- "They were really my scene because they were playing flat-out R&B, like Jimmy Reed stuff, and we supercharged it all up and made it really rocky. I got off on that, even though it was only twelve-bar blues."
- On March 26, 1965, the author of the band's forthcoming debut single, Bob Dylan, made an impromptu visit to the club and joined the Byrds on stage for a rendition of Jimmy Reed's "Baby What You Want Me to Do".
- Jagger and Richards had a shared admiration of Jimmy Reed, Muddy Waters, and Howlin' Wolf.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Jimmy Reed