People similar to or like John Cassavetes
American actor, film director, and screenwriter. Wikipedia
Retired American actress, whose career in film, stage, and television has spanned over six decades. Known for her collaborations with her late actor-director husband John Cassavetes in ten films, including A Woman Under the Influence and Gloria (1980), which earned her nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actress. Wikipedia
New Hollywood, sometimes referred to as the American New Wave or the Hollywood Renaissance, refers to a movement in American film history from the mid-1960s to the early 1980s, when a new generation of young filmmakers came to prominence in the United States. They influenced the types of film produced, their production and marketing, and the way major studios approached film-making. Wikipedia
Sentences forJohn Cassavetes
- Scorsese's mentors included John Cassavetes, whose chatty, improvisational style did much to influence Scorsese's scripts and production work, and who told him to "make films about what you know".
- Director/actor John Cassavetes contemplating Capra's contribution to film quipped: "Maybe there really wasn't an America, it was only Frank Capra."
- During this period, Scorsese worked as the assistant director and one of the editors on the documentary Woodstock (1970) and met actor–director John Cassavetes, who became a close friend and mentor.
- Stone obtained the titular role of a street-wise, middle-aged moll in Gloria_(1999_American_film)">Gloria (1999), a remake of the 1980 film of the same name written and directed by John Cassavetes.
- In 1961 he starred in Too Late Blues, John Cassavetes' first film for a major Hollywood studio, as a struggling jazz musician.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: John Cassavetes