Albums similar to or like John Cougar (album)
Third studio album by John Mellencamp. Wikipedia
Comprehensive discography of John Mellencamp, an American singer-songwriter. During Mellencamp's more than four decades in the recording industry, he has released 23 studio albums, two live albums, four compilation albums, 65 singles and has appeared on one tribute album and one guest single respectively. Wikipedia
First greatest hits compilation album by American singer-songwriter John Mellencamp, released by Mercury Records in 1997 . It compiles Mellencamp's most popular material recorded during his first decade with Riva and Mercury Records, beginning with 1978's A Biography, up through 1987's The Lonesome Jubilee, with a new recording of Terry Reid's "Without Expression". Wikipedia
Sentences forJohn Cougar (album)
- Riva Records added "I Need a Lover" to Mellencamp's next album released in the United States, 1979's John Cougar, where the song became a No. 28 single in late 1979.
- The song would eventually crack the Top 40 in the U.S. in late 1979 when released as a single from his John Cougar album.
- Gehman's affiliation with Mellencamp began in 1980, when he engineered the singer's self-titled fourth LP.
- Two of its tracks, "Taxi Dancer" and the single "I Need a Lover," were also included on his 1979 album John Cougar, which was released in the U.S.
- After becoming a Top 10 hit in Australia, the song was later included on his 1979 follow-up album John Cougar to introduce it to U.S. audiences, and was released there as a single, becoming his first U.S. Top 40 hit when it reached No. 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 in late 1979.
- Mellencamp's first album to chart on the Billboard 200 was the (then self-titled) John Cougar album in 1979, which was certified Gold by the RIAA.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: John Cougar (album)