Comedians similar to or like John Oliver
English comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actor, and television host. Wikipedia
American stand-up comedian, actor, television host, writer, producer, and podcaster. Hourly aftershow on AMC affiliated with the network's zombie drama series The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, as well as Talking with Chris Hardwick, a show in which Hardwick interviews prominent pop culture figures, and The Wall, a plinko-inspired gameshow on NBC. Wikipedia
American actor, writer, producer, director, and comedian. Known for his role as Tom Haverford on the NBC series Parks and Recreation , and as creator and star of the Netflix series Master of None (2015–2017) for which he won several acting and writing awards, including two Emmys and a Golden Globe for Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy. Wikipedia
Egyptian comedian, writer, producer, surgeon, physician, media critic, and television host, who hosted El-Bernameg (The Show), a satirical news program, from 2011 to 2014. The press has compared Youssef with American comedian Jon Stewart, whose satire program The Daily Show inspired Youssef to begin his career. Wikipedia
American television host, comedian, writer, and producer. Host and executive producer of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, a late-night talk show that premiered on ABC on January 26, 2003 at Hollywood Masonic Temple in Hollywood, California; and on April 1, 2019, at a secondary home, the Zappos Theater on the Las Vegas Strip. Wikipedia
American television host, comedian, writer, and producer. He hosted late night television talk shows for 33 years, beginning with the February 1, 1982, debut of Late Night with David Letterman on NBC, and ending with the May 20, 2015, broadcast of Late Show with David Letterman on CBS. Wikipedia
Sentences forJohn Oliver
- Jason Jones traveled to Iran in early June 2009 to report on the Iranian elections, and John Oliver traveled to South Africa for the series of segments "Into Africa" to report on the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- In 2017, Scranton got national recognition from late night television host John Oliver when he made jokes about how infatuated Scranton community members were with the little train that runs during the weather reports on Scranton's new-station WNEP.
- In September 2014, comedian John Oliver ran a segment on his show, Last Week Tonight, that investigated the Miss America Organization's claim that it is "the world's largest provider of scholarships for women."
- Guinness World Records was criticised by television talk show host John Oliver on the program Last Week Tonight with John Oliver in August 2019.
- John Oliver replaced Stewart at the anchor desk for two months, to be followed by one month of reruns.
- On April 3, 2016 episode of the HBO news-comedy series Last Week Tonight, host John Oliver responded to Trost's remarks, arguing that he was "saying that rich people couldn't bear to sit next to people who aren't as rich."
- Comedian John Oliver states, "Writing about the importance of Monty Python is basically pointless. Citing them as an influence is almost redundant. It's assumed. This strange group of wildly talented, appropriately disrespectful, hugely imaginative and massively inspirational idiots changed what comedy could be for their generation and for those that followed."
- Hardy et al. found that after watching a Facebook video of the comedian/political commentator John Oliver performing a segment on his show, participants were likely to be persuaded to change their viewpoint on the topic they watched (either payday lending or the Ferguson protests) to one that was closer to the opinion expressed by Oliver.
- John Oliver berated Pence for his hostility towards LGBT citizens and accused him of lying in his denials of supporting conversion therapy by pointing out Pence's longtime friendship with evangelist and anti-LGBT activist James Dobson, who promoted conversion therapy.
- On June 18, 2013, Mick Foley again appeared on the Daily Show now hosted by temporary host John Oliver.
- Beginning June 10, 2013, The Daily Show correspondent John Oliver assumed primary hosting duties during Stewart's break.
- Stewart and correspondent John Oliver later poked fun at his lackluster reception on The Daily Show coverage of the 79th Academy Awards by saying that the "demon of last year's Oscars had finally been exorcised".
- The Dalai Lama was featured on the 5 March 2017, episode of the HBO late-night talk show Last Week Tonight, in which host John Oliver conducted a comedic interview with the Dalai Lama, focusing on the topics of Tibetan sovereignty, Tibetan self-immolations, and his succession plans.
- Two months later, John Oliver was cast as Zazu.
- Additionally, John Oliver, who played Professor Duncan throughout the first two seasons, reprised his role in season 5 for multiple episodes.
- In 2013, while Jon Stewart was absent from the Daily Show, Philbin made a guest appearance, kissing guest-host John Oliver on the head at the end of the interview.
- In 2015 Bolton sang on John Oliver's Last Week Tonight episode concerning the IRS.
- The store houses Russell Crowe movie props which John Oliver had donated to an Alaska store.
- In July 2017, the HBO news comedy program Last Week Tonight devoted a segment to discussing Sinclair, where host John Oliver presented clips of various anchors using an identical script describing the FBI as having a "personal vendetta" against Michael Flynn, clips of Mark Hyman editorials (in which he compared multiculturalism and political correctness to a cancer epidemic, and stated that marriage was a solution to domestic abuse), and joked that the "Terrorism Alert Desk" segments defined terrorism as "anything a Muslim does".
- In a 2019 television segment on Last Week Tonight featuring prominent purported mediums including Theresa Caputo, John Edward, Tyler Henry, and Sylvia Browne, John Oliver criticized the media for promoting mediums because this exposure convinces viewers that such powers are real, and so enable neighborhood mediums to prey on grieving families.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: John Oliver