Musical artists similar to or like Johnny Mercer
American lyricist, songwriter, and singer. Wikipedia
American institution founded in 1969 by songwriter Johnny Mercer and music publishers Abe Olman and Howie Richmond to honor those whose work represents a spectrum of the most beloved songs from the world's popular music songbook. Online virtual collection until 2010, when it was first put on display as a physical gallery inside The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles. Wikipedia
American singer, songwriter, and actor whose career spanned nearly 75 years, from his first concerts in 1930 with a marathon dance company to his final performance of "That's My Desire" in 2005. Often billed as "America's Number One Song Stylist", his other nicknames include "Mr. Rhythm", "Old Leather Lungs", and "Mr. Steel Tonsils". Wikipedia
Sentences forJohnny Mercer
- It was founded as the first west coast–based record label of note in the United States in 1942 by Johnny Mercer, Buddy DeSylva, and Glenn E. Wallichs.
- In the book Yeah Yeah Yeah: The Story of Modern Pop, Bob Stanley remarked that "Brian was aiming for Johnny Mercer but coming up proto-indie."
- However, Johnny Mercer, the film's composer, and Fox studio executives convinced him that work would be the best thing for him.
- In 2001, Joel received the Johnny Mercer Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- In 1933 he began a long-lasting collaboration with lyricist Johnny Mercer, newly arrived in New York, on "Lazybones", which became a hit.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Johnny Mercer