Nascar drivers similar to or like Johnny Rutherford
American former automobile racing driver. Wikipedia
American automobile racing driver, the younger brother of fellow racing drivers Jerry and Bobby Unser, and father of Al Unser Jr. Now retired, he is the second of three men to have won the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race four times, the fourth of five to have won the race in consecutive years, and won the National Championship in 1970, 1983, and 1985. The Unser family has won the Indy 500 a record nine times. Wikipedia
Sentences forJohnny Rutherford
- Both CART and USAC awarded separate national championship titles that year, and Johnny Rutherford happened to win both.
- The 1973 event had Johnny Rutherford join the team; he qualified on pole, but finished ninth, Revson crashed out.
- Johnny Rutherford battled mechanical problems all day, and Bobby Unser dropped out at the halfway mark with a broken drive shaft.
- Ron Hutcherson was the first driver besides Foyt to drive the car, and later Johnny Rutherford drove for the team in 1978.
- The race shaped up as a battle between Bobby Unser and Johnny Rutherford, who started the race in a back-up car due to a practice crash.
- Johnny Rutherford, who was attending the race for the first time as a spectator, claims to have witnessed the accident.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Johnny Rutherford