Legislatures similar to or like Joint session of the United States Congress
Gathering of members of the two chambers of the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States: the Senate and the House of Representatives. Wikipedia
Bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States and consists of the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Congress meets in the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. Both senators and representatives are chosen through direct election, though vacancies in the Senate may be filled by a governor's appointment. Wikipedia
Federal constitutional democratic republic, in which the president , Congress, and judiciary share powers reserved to the national government, and the federal government shares sovereignty with the state governments. Headed by the president and is independent of the legislature. Wikipedia
Meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. It convened in Washington, D.C., on January 3, 2019, and ended on January 3, 2021, during the final two years of Donald Trump's presidency. Wikipedia
Meeting of the legislative branch of the United States of America federal government, composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C., from January 3, 2017, to January 3, 2019, during the final weeks of Barack Obama's presidency and the first two years of Donald Trump's presidency. Wikipedia
Sentences forJoint session of the United States Congress
- The votes are counted during a joint session of Congress as prescribed by the Electoral Count Act, which also specifies that the president of the Senate presides over the joint session.
- The joint session of Congress reconvened late into the night and into the early morning in the Senate chamber to count and confirm the Electoral College votes.
- The six astronauts who flew were awarded medals, driven in parades and two of them were invited to address a joint session of the US Congress.
- The Twelfth Amendment mandates Congress assemble in joint session to count the electoral votes and declare the winners of the election.
- The chamber is large enough to accommodate members of all three branches of the federal government and invited guests for joint sessions of Congress such as the State of the Union speech and other events.
- In 1991, in the wake of coalition victory in the Gulf War, the Queen became the first British monarch to address a joint meeting of the United States Congress.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Joint session of the United States Congress