Topics similar to or like Kampfgruppe
In military history, the German term Kampfgruppe (pl. Wikipedia
This article on military tanks deals with the history of tanks serving in the German Army (Heer) from the Deutsches Heer of World War I, the interwar period, and the Panzers of the German Heer during World War II, the Cold War and modern times. Attempt to break the stalemate which trench warfare had brought to the Western Front. Wikipedia
- Many of the late-formed higher-numbered units were in fact small battlegroups (Kampfgruppen), and divisions in name only.
- Their constituents were often encountered on the battlefield as ad hoc battle groups (Kampfgruppen) detached from a division or organised from miscellaneous available assets.
- The area reserve, comprising the two battalions of the 915th Grenadier Regiment and known as 'Kampfgruppe Meyer', was located south-east of Bayeux outside the immediate Omaha area.
- The defence of Marienburg was conducted by a Kampfgruppe under the nominal control of the staff of the 7th Infantry Division, including marine, SS and other units.
- Late in the evening of 8 April 1940, Kampfgruppe 5 was spotted by the Norwegian guard vessel Pol III.
- The division was formed through the expansion of Kampfgruppe Eicke, a battle group named – in keeping with German military practice – after its commander, Theodor Eicke.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kampfgruppe