Languages similar to or like Kannada
Dravidian language spoken predominantly by the people of Karnataka in south western region of India. Wikipedia
Dravidian language spoken by Telugu people predominantly living in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, where it is also the official language. It stands alongside Hindi and Bengali as one of the few languages with primary official language status in more than one Indian state. Wikipedia
- Kannada played a crucial role in the creation of Karnataka: linguistic demographics played a major role in defining the new state in 1956.
- Kannada, one of the classical languages of India, is the most widely spoken and official language of the state.
- Kannada is the official language of Bengaluru, but the city is multi-cultural.
- The existing Kannada name, Bengalūru, was declared the official name of the city in 2006.
- Sankethi dialect in Karnataka has been heavily influenced by Kannada.
- The language of instruction in public schools is primarily Marathi, although the PMC also runs Urdu, English and Kannada medium schools.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kannada