Awards similar to or like Kennedy Center Honors
Annual honor given to those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture. Wikipedia
Award given to a composer or performer for their lifetime contributions to popular music. Named after brothers George and Ira Gershwin, whose contributions to popular music included songs such as I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, and Someone to Watch Over Me, the orchestral pieces Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris, and the opera Porgy and Bess. Wikipedia
Large performing arts venue located at 300 South Broad Street at the corner of Spruce Street, along the stretch known as the "Avenue of the Arts", in Center City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Owned and operated by Kimmel Center, Inc., an organization which also manages the Academy of Music in Philadelphia, and, as of November 2016, the Merriam Theater. Wikipedia
Honour for living Thai contemporary artists presented annually by the Office of Contemporary Art and Culture, Ministry of Culture of Thailand. The awards were established in 2004 to promote Thai contemporary artists who are considered to be in their mid-career and who have already made notable contributions to Thai fine arts and culture. Wikipedia
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the performing arts, mirroring its impacts across all arts sectors. Due to physical distancing requirements and closure of the physical venues, curtailing not only public performances but also rehearsals, many performing arts institutions attempted to adapt by offering new (or newly expanded) digital services. Wikipedia
Art education in the United States reflects the social values of American culture. Once the norm and the main sense, however with the democratization of education, particularly as promoted by educational philosopher John Dewey, opportunities have greatly expanded. Wikipedia
The Danish Culture Canon (Kulturkanonen) consists of 108 works of cultural excellence in eight categories: architecture, visual arts, design and crafts, film, literature, music, performing arts, and children's culture. Developed by a series of committees under the auspices of the Danish Ministry of Culture in 2006–2007 as "a collection and presentation of the greatest, most important works of Denmark's cultural heritage." Wikipedia
Annual festival of performing arts in Edinburgh, Scotland, over three weeks in August. By invitation from the Festival Director, the International Festival brings top class performers of music (especially classical music), theatre, opera and dance from around the world to perform. Wikipedia
Indian cultural institution which runs a noted school for music, dance and performing arts in New Delhi. Founded by Sumitra Charat Ram in 1952, and imparts training in Indian classical dance styles and music, including Kathak, Bharatanatyam, Odissi, Chhau, Hindustani Classical music, both Vocal and Instrumental. Wikipedia
Sentences forKennedy Center Honors
- The Kennedy Center Honors are awarded each year to those in the performing arts who have contributed greatly to the cultural life of the United States.
- Cash received the Kennedy Center Honors in 1996 and stated that his induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1980 was his greatest professional achievement.
- Led Zeppelin were named as 2012 recipients of the Kennedy Center Honors.
- In December 2013, Snoop performed at the annual Kennedy Center Honors concert, honoring jazz pianist Herbie Hancock.
- In recognition of his accomplishments as an entertainer, Brown was a recipient of Kennedy Center Honors on December 7, 2003.
- Springsteen received the Kennedy Center Honors on December 6, 2009.
- He received a Kennedy Center Honor in 2004 and a Disney Legends Award in 2006.
- In a widely noted performance, she paid tribute to 2015 honoree Carole King by singing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" at the Kennedy Center Honors.
- In 2008, Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey received Kennedy Center Honors as members of the Who.
- When Diamond was named a Kennedy Center Honors recipient in 2011, Red Sox executive assistant Claire Durant arranged for 80 Red Sox fans to travel to Washington for the ceremony, which culminated in them singing the song behind Smokey Robinson onstage.
- Spielberg is the recipient of various accolades, including two Academy Awards for Best Director, a Kennedy Center honor, and a Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- On September 11, 2007, the Kennedy Center Honors committee, which recognizes career excellence and cultural influence, named Scorsese as one of the honorees for the year.
- On December 2, 2018, Cher received a Kennedy Center Honors prize, the annual Washington distinction for artists who have made extraordinary contributions to culture.
- He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1993, and he received the Kennedy Center Honors in 1998.
- On July 15, 2006, Spielberg was awarded the Gold Hugo Lifetime Achievement Award at the Summer Gala of the Chicago International Film Festival, and was awarded a Kennedy Center honor on December 3.
- He was made a Kennedy Center Honoree at the White House in 2014, and was awarded the Polar Music Prize in 2017.
- On December 3, 2006, Parton received the Kennedy Center Honors from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts for her lifetime of contributions to the arts.
- In December 2015, Franklin gave an acclaimed performance of "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" at the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors during the section for honoree Carole King, who co-wrote the song.
- He also received the Kennedy Center Honors in 1986.
- Rodgers was an honoree at the first Kennedy Center Honors in 1978.
- In 2007, French President Nicolas Sarkozy presented Streisand with Legion of Honour, the highest decoration in France, and President George W. Bush presented her Kennedy Center Honors, the highest recognition of cultural achievement.
- Bernstein received the Kennedy Center Honors award in 1980.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kennedy Center Honors