Topics similar to or like King Lear
Tragedy written by William Shakespeare. Wikipedia
Tragedy written by William Shakespeare early in his career about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcile their feuding families. Among Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime and, along with Hamlet, is one of his most frequently performed plays. Wikipedia
Tragedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written between 1588 and 1593, probably in collaboration with George Peele. Thought to be Shakespeare's first tragedy and is often seen as his attempt to emulate the violent and bloody revenge plays of his contemporaries, which were extremely popular with audiences throughout the 16th century. Wikipedia
Sentences forKing Lear
- The current name was in use at least by the time of Shakespeare's King Lear (between 1603 and 1606), in which the town and its cliffs play a prominent role.
- The greatest actor of the period, Edmund Kean, restored the tragic ending to King Lear; Coleridge said that, "Seeing him act was like reading Shakespeare by flashes of lightning."
- At the time of his death, Welles was in talks with a French production company to direct a film version of the Shakespeare play King Lear, in which he would also play the title role.
- In King Lear, the old king commits the tragic error of giving up his powers, initiating the events which lead to the torture and blinding of the Earl of Gloucester and the murder of Lear's youngest daughter Cordelia.
- He wrote incidental music for King Lear and planned an opera based on As You Like It, but abandoned that once he turned his attention to setting Maeterlinck's play.
- At around the same time he began to consider creating an opera from Shakespeare's King Lear.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: King Lear