Settlements similar to or like Kirklees
Local government district of West Yorkshire, England, governed by Kirklees Council with the status of a metropolitan borough. Wikipedia
Local government district of Lancashire, England, with the status of a city and non-metropolitan district. Named after its largest settlement, Lancaster, but covers a far larger area, which includes the towns of Morecambe, Heysham, and Carnforth, as well as outlying villages, farms, rural hinterland and a section of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Wikipedia
Local government district in the ceremonial county of Cheshire in North West England, with borough status and administered by a unitary authority. Created in 1974 as a district of the non-metropolitan county of Cheshire, and became a unitary authority area on 1 April 1998 under Halton Borough Council. Wikipedia
- At present the London Borough of Croydon is the second most populous local government district of England without city status, Kirklees being the first.
- In 1974, responsibility for local government passed to Kirklees Metropolitan Council, with its headquarters in Huddersfield.
- With the lease due to expire in 2002, Kirklees McAlpine were commissioned as consultants for a new stadium in 1998.
- The remaining borders are with other districts of West Yorkshire: Wakefield to the south, Kirklees to the south west, and Bradford to the west.
- Between junctions 22 and 25, the road is used as a border between the metropolitan boroughs of Calderdale and Kirklees.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kirklees