Settlements similar to or like Kochi
Major port city on the south-west coast of India bordering the Laccadive Sea a part of the Arabian Sea. Wikipedia
Area encompassing the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana, Goa as well as the union territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry, comprising 19.31% of India's area . Bounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south. Wikipedia
One of the three districts of the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu on the western coast of India, surrounded by Valsad district of Gujarat state on the north, east and south and the Arabian Sea to the west. Area of 72 km2, and a population of 191,173 at the 2011 census, an increase of 69.256% from the preceding 2001 Census. Wikipedia
State on the southwestern coast of India within the region known as the Konkan, and geographically separated from the Deccan highlands by the Western Ghats. Surrounded by the Indian states of Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, with the Arabian Sea forming its western coast. Wikipedia
- Dr. M. R. Menon, a minister in Government of Kochi was instrumental in building the Municipal Corporation Building, Thrissur and the Municipal Office Road.
- The state's largest lake Vembanad, dominates the backwaters; it lies between Alappuzha and Kochi and is about 200 km2 in area.
- Other than civilian airports, Kochi has a naval airport named INS Garuda.
- Sahara Adventure Sports Group bought the Pune franchise for $370 million while Rendezvous Sports World bought the Kochi franchise for $333.3 million.
- Camels are primarily used by the Kochi nomads.
- The Paradesi Synagogue at Kochi is the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth.
- The Malayalam film industry, India's fourth largest, is based in Kochi.
- By the late 1980s, the Malayalam film industry returned and established itself in Kerala with the majority of locations, studios, production and post-production facilities being located in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Kollam was the third city in Kerala (after Kozhikode and Kochi) to adopt the shopping mall culture.
- After defeating a union of feudal lords and establishing internal peace, he expanded the kingdom of Venad through a series of military campaigns from Kanyakumari in the south to the borders of Kochi in the north during his 29-year rule.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kochi