Ethnic groups similar to or like Konkani people
Ethno-linguistic community who inhabit and originate the Konkan region of south-western India, and speak various dialects of the Konkani language. Wikipedia
Ethnoreligious subgroup of the Konkani people primarily living in the Konkan region of western India, who practise Islam. Indigenous Muslims from the districts of Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Raigad, Mumbai (Bombay) city and suburb, and Thane are generally regarded as Konkani Muslims. Wikipedia
Ethnolinguistic group who speak Marathi, an Indo-Aryan language as their native language. They inhabit the state of Maharashtra as well as districts bordering the state, such as Belgaum(known as Belgaon in Marathi) of Karnataka and the state of Goa in western India as well as districts of southern Gujarat and parts of Madhya Pradesh. Wikipedia
Sentences forKonkani people
- Konkani is an Indo-Aryan language spoken by the Konkani people, primarily along the western coastal region (Konkan) of India.
- Ernakulam also has a significant Konkani Hindu population who escaped from Goa during the Goa Inquisition.
- This sweet meal is called Nevri in Goa and is synonymous with Ganesh festival amongst the Goans and the Konkani diaspora.
- He was the foremost among the Konkani merchants in Cochin (modern day Kochi in Kerala).
- Konkani people inhabiting Goa, and also Konkan regions of Karnataka and Maharashtra, are traditionally patriarchal.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Konkani people