Aircraft occurrences similar to or like Korean Air Flight 858
Scheduled international passenger flight between Baghdad, Iraq and Seoul, South Korea. Wikipedia
Increase in global popularity of South Korean culture since the 1980s. First driven by the spread of K-dramas and K-pop across East, South and Southeast Asia during its initial stages, the Korean Wave evolved from a regional development into a global phenomenon, carried by the Internet and social media and the proliferation of K-pop music videos on YouTube. Wikipedia
Country in East Asia, constituting the southern part of the Korean Peninsula, and sharing a land border with North Korea. 25 million people, around half of the country's population of more than 51 million people, live in the Seoul Capital Area, the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the world. Wikipedia
North Korea–South Korea relations (or alternatively inter-Korean relations) are the diplomatic relationships between the two states of the Korean Peninsula. Annexed by Japan in 1910, the Korean Peninsula has been divided since the end of World War II in 1945. Wikipedia
Sentences forKorean Air Flight 858
- The summit was considered a success in inter-Korean relations, but the bombing of Korean Air Flight 858 on 29 November 1987 by North Korean agents damaged relations again.
- The bombing of Korean Air Flight 858 in 1987, in the lead up to the Seoul Olympics, led to the US government placing North Korea on its list of terrorist countries.
- Following the North Korean mid-air bombing of Korean Air Flight 858 in 1987, a Summit was held between North and South Korea to defuse the extreme tension on the Korean peninsula.
- North Korea was previously designated a state sponsor of terrorism because of its alleged involvement in the 1983 Rangoon bombing and the 1987 bombing of a South Korean airliner.
- This failed, and the bombing of Korean Air Flight 858 in 1987 was seen as North Korea's revenge.
- In 1987, in an attempt to destabilize the Olympic Games and instill fear in the international community, a South Korean commercial flight, Korean Air Flight 858 was bombed killing 115 passengers on board.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Korean Air Flight 858