Criminals similar to or like Kurt Meyer
SS commander and war criminal of Nazi Germany. Wikipedia
German SS-Obersturmbannführer and convicted war criminal who was responsible for the 1944 Malmedy massacre of American prisoners of war. During World War II in Europe he served as personal adjutant to Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, between September 1939 and September/October 1941, and thereafter as a Waffen-SS commander. Wikipedia
German general and then a high-ranking commander in the Waffen-SS who played a key role in the post-war efforts by former members of the Waffen-SS to achieve historical and legal rehabilitation. Officer in the Prussian Army during World War I and attained the rank of general in the inter-war Reichsheer. Wikipedia
Sentences forKurt Meyer
- This included SS-Gruppenführer (Major General) Kurt Meyer, commander of the 12th SS Panzer (Armor) Division, captured by Belgian partisans on 6 September 1944.
- The 12th Waffen SS Division Hitlerjugend, as its name implies, was drawn entirely from the more fanatical elements of the Hitler Youth and commanded by the ruthless SS-Brigadeführer Kurt Meyer, aka "Panzer Meyer".
- A German participant of the battle, Obersturmbannfuhrer Kurt Meyer, wrote later of his surprise at how easily the heavy StuGs had climbed the slopes.
- Unaware of the reason the Allied forces had halted, Kurt Meyer, of the SS Hitlerjugend Division, ordered elements of his command to counterattack and recapture the high ground.
- After the war several members of the division, including its commander Kurt Meyer, were convicted of war crimes.
- Kurt Meyer's memoirs, Grenadiers, published in 1957, detailed his exploits at the front and served as an element of the rehabilitation campaign.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kurt Meyer