Topics similar to or like LGBT
Initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
Study of issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity usually focusing on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender dysphoria, asexual, queer, questioning, intersex people and cultures. Examination of the identity, lives, history, and perception of queer people. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for same-sex marriage, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
LGBT themes in Hindu Epics involve Hindu deities or heroes whose attributes or behavior can be interpreted as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or as having elements of gender variance and non-heterosexual sexuality. Traditional Hindu literary sources do not speak of homosexuality directly, but changes of sex, homoerotic encounters, and intersex or third gender characters are often found both in traditional religious narratives such as the Vedas, Mahabharata, Ramayana and Puranas as well as in regional folklore. Wikipedia
Anti-LGBT rhetoric are themes, catchphrases, and slogans that have been used against homosexuality or other non-heterosexual sexual orientations in order to demean lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. They range from the demeaning and the pejorative to expressions of hostility towards homosexuality which are based on religious, medical, or moral grounds. Wikipedia
International association of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex lawyers. The group also welcomes law professors, judges, law students, paralegals and laypersons, as long as they are committed to LGBTI equality under the law. Wikipedia
Student-led or community-based organization, found in middle schools and high schools as well as colleges and universities, primarily in the United States and Canada, that is intended to provide a safe and supportive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) children, teenagers, and youth as well as their cisgender heterosexual allies. In middle schools and high schools, GSAs are overseen by a responsible teacher. Wikipedia
Made up of assaults on gay men, lesbians, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersexed individuals , legal responses to such violence, and hate crime statistics in the United Kingdom. Those targeted by such violence are perceived to violate heteronormative rules and contravene perceived protocols of gender and sexual roles. Wikipedia
The relationship between religion and LGBT people (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) can vary greatly across time and place, within and between different religions and sects, and regarding different forms of homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgender identity. Some of the authoritative bodies and doctrines of the world's largest religions may view these negatively. Wikipedia
LGBT history dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations, involving the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world. What survives after many centuries of persecution—resulting in shame, suppression, and secrecy—has only in more recent decades been pursued and interwoven into more mainstream historical narratives. Wikipedia
GLSEN's annual day of action to spread awareness about the effects of the bullying and harassment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning students. In the United States, students take a day-long vow of silence to symbolically represent the silencing of LGBTQ students. Wikipedia
Nonprofit organization providing support and resources to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and intersex (LGBTQI) youth in the Charleston, South Carolina area. Founded in 1995 in Charleston by Tom Myers as a support group for gay youth after his son came out as gay. Wikipedia
Attitudes toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and their experiences in the Muslim world have been influenced by its religious, legal, social, political, and cultural history. The Quran narrates the story of the "people of Lot" destroyed by the wrath of God because the men engaged in lustful carnal acts between themselves. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in the United States have a long history, including vibrant subcultures and advocacy battles for social and religious acceptance and legal rights. The 1969 Stonewall riots in New York City are often cited as the beginning of the modern gay civil rights era. Wikipedia
Timeline of notable events in the history of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the United Kingdom. 43 – Roman conquest of Britain begins, creating Roman Britain. Roman Britain adopted Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis, which criminalised adultery among “males” (heterosexual and bisexual oriented men) and Lex Scantinia, which penalised a sex crime (stuprum) against a freeborn male minor (ingenuus or praetextatus). The Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis may well have resulted in a widely attested wave of castrations in the Roman Empire, in order to supply sex partners who were not "male". Wikipedia
List of LGBTI holders of political offices in Australia. Known as the world's first openly intersex mayor and "first known intersex public office-bearer in the Western world", having served as Deputy Mayor of the City of Hobsons Bay between 2009–2011 and Mayor between 2011–2012. Wikipedia
LGBTIQ human rights non-governmental organization that addresses human rights violations and abuses against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people. OutRight Action International documents human rights discrimination and abuses based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics in partnership with activists, advocates, media, NGOs and allies on a local, regional, national and international level. Wikipedia
- Spain provides one of the highest degrees of liberty in the world for its LGBT community.
- Atlanta has a thriving and diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
- One of the largest events in the city, Pride Week takes place in late June, and is one of the largest LGBT festivals in the world.
- Chicago has the third-largest LGBT population in the United States.
- The Democratic Party is supportive of LGBT rights.
- Seattle has a notably large lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
- An alternative version featuring the colours of the Rainbow flag was unveiled for an LGBT event at the 2009 conference in Manchester.
- The Reguliersdwarsstraat is the main street for the LGBT community and nightlife.
- In 2005, approximately 30,778 people (6.5%) identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual.
- The Portland metropolitan area has historically had a significant LGBT population throughout the late 20th and 21st century.
- The LGBTQ community has been under scrutiny and controversy in the public eye of collegiate athletics, but the NCAA moves to support the inclusion of these groups.
- He also criticized the lack of democracy and leaders who refuse to step aside, discrimination against minorities (LGBT people, religious groups and ethnicities), and corruption.
- Also in 2006, the General Assembly passed a Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, and in 2011 it passed its first resolution recognizing the rights of LGBT people.
- Lakeview is home to Boystown, the city's large LGBT nightlife and culture center.
- A Gallup study in 2015 determined 4% of the city and Greater San Antonio identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
- Budapest is the headquarters of the Hungarian LGBT community.
- The co-ops on campus are 576 Alvarado Row (formerly Chi Theta Chi), Columbae, Enchanted Broccoli Forest (EBF), Hammarskjöld, Kairos, Terra (the unofficial LGBT house), and Synergy.
- San Francisco has long had an LGBT-friendly history.
- Many Jamaicans are hostile towards LGBT and intersex people, and mob attacks against gay people have been reported.
- Hawaii has had a long history of LGBT identities.
- Iceland is liberal with regard to LGBT rights issues.
- According to a survey completed in 2014 by Gallup, it is estimated that 5.3% of residents in the Austin metropolitan area identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
- Based on 2015 estimates, the Indianapolis metropolitan area had the 18th highest percentage of LGBT residents in the U.S., with 4.2% of residents identifying as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
- Clinton also appointed the nation's first openly gay or lesbian federal judge when he named Deborah Batts to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Recognized for having one of the largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations in the nation, Dallas and the Metroplex are widely noted for being home to a vibrant and diverse LGBT community.
- The alliances which campaigns such as Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners forged between lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) and labour groups, as well as the Labour Party itself, also proved to be an important turning point in the progression of LGBT issues in the UK.
- The Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, a report of how progressive the organization deems company policies towards LGBT employees, rated Microsoft as 87% from 2002 to 2004 and as 100% from 2005 to 2010 after they allowed gender expression.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT