Ethnic groups similar to or like LGBT community
Loosely defined grouping of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, LGBT organizations, and subcultures, united by a common culture and social movements. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for same-sex marriage, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
LGBT ageing addresses issues and concerns related to the ageing of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. Older LGBT people are marginalised by: a) younger LGBT people, because of ageism; and b) by older age social networks because of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, heteronormativity (the assumption that everyone is heterosexual), heterosexism (the privileging of heterosexuality), prejudice and discrimination towards LGBT people. Wikipedia
Sentences forLGBT community
- In use since the 1990s, the term is an adaptation of the initialism , which began to replace the term gay in reference to the broader LGBT community beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s.
- A major event that takes place in June is the St. Pete Pride weekend, when the LGBT community and supporters celebrate in the streets with festivals, the 27/82 concert, and an LGBT pride parade.
- The contest has had a long-held fan base in the LGBT community, and Eurovision organisers have actively worked to include these fans since the 1990s.
- Macron called John a "melodic genius" and one of the first gay artists to give a voice to the LGBT community.
- Recognized for having one of the largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations in the nation, Dallas and the Metroplex are widely noted for being home to a vibrant and diverse LGBT community.
- He maintains that the Church should be more open and welcoming for members of the LGBT community, and favors legal recognition of same-sex couples.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT community