Topics similar to or like LGBT history
LGBT history dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations, involving the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world. Wikipedia
Timeline of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history, in the 20th century. 1901 – On 8 June 1901 two women, Marcela Gracia Ibeas and Elisa Sanchez Loriga, attempted to get married in A Coruña (Galicia, Spain). To achieve it Elisa had to adopt a male identity: Mario Sánchez, as listed on the marriage certificate. Wikipedia
Attitudes toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and their experiences in the Muslim world have been influenced by its religious, legal, social, political, and cultural history. The Quran narrates the story of the "people of Lot" destroyed by the wrath of God because the men engaged in lustful carnal acts between themselves. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
Timeline of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history'''. Promiscuous; I will bring charges against her myself,” but he is unable to substantiate the charge, and cannot prove it, he is to be caned, be sentenced to a month’s hard labor for the king, be cut off, and pay one talent of lead."" Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for same-sex marriage, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
About lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history in France. Appreciation of homosexual eroticism. Some examples, like graffiti, can be seen in some cave and hundreds of buildings and phallic statues and also a carved double dildo, seen as evidence for female masturbation found at Gorge d'Enfere, France. Wikipedia
Opposition to legal rights, proposed or enacted, for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. Organizations influential in LGBT rights opposition frequently oppose the enactment of laws making same-sex marriage legal, the passage of anti-discrimination laws aimed at curtailing anti-LGBT discrimination, including in employment and housing, the passage of anti-bullying laws to protect LGBT minors, laws decriminalizing same-gender relationships, and other LGBT rights related laws. Wikipedia
Rights affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people vary greatly by country or jurisdiction – encompassing everything from the legal recognition of same-sex marriage to the death penalty for homosexuality. [[File:Laws concerning gender identity-expression by country or territory.svg|thumb|Right|261px|Laws concerning gender identity-expression by country or territory Wikipedia
Timeline of notable events in the history of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the United Kingdom. 43 – Roman conquest of Britain begins, creating Roman Britain. Roman Britain adopted Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis, which criminalised adultery among “males” (heterosexual and bisexual oriented men) and Lex Scantinia, which penalised a sex crime (stuprum) against a freeborn male minor (ingenuus or praetextatus). The Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis may well have resulted in a widely attested wave of castrations in the Roman Empire, in order to supply sex partners who were not "male". Wikipedia
Generally accepting of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peoples. Epitomised by the fact that there are several members of Parliament who belong to the LGBT community, LGBT rights are protected by the Human Rights Act, and same-sex couples are able to marry as of 2013. Wikipedia
LGBT themes in speculative fiction include lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) themes in science fiction, fantasy, horror fiction and related genres. LGBT character as the protagonist or a major character, or explorations of sexuality or gender that deviate from the heteronormative. Wikipedia
Sentences forLGBT history
- In 2017, there were 18 venues round the country and by now over a hundred presentations on LGBT history had been given.
- The four-part series chronicles landmark events and leaders in LGBTQ history, and consists of a mixture of archival footage and scripted reenactments.
- Coincidental or not, the proximity of Garland's death to Stonewall has become a part of LGBT history and lore.
- Making Gay History is an oral history podcast on the subject of LGBT history, featuring trailblazers, activists, and allies.
- Maltese-Australian author Joseph Chetcuti claimed Barbara was a lesbian in his 2009 book on the LGBT history of Malta, based on interviews with her contemporaries.
- The Gulf Coast Archive and Museum of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender History, Inc. (GCAM) is an LGBT history organization located in Houston.
- As notable Los Angeles gay cruising spots of the late 20th Century, both locations are now considered important sites of Los Angeles' gay history.
- The author of books about LGBT history and sexuality education, his archive of correspondence, research notes, interviews (totaling 138 linear feet in 317 boxes) is located at the Rubenstein Library of Duke University.
- Following its introduction, many prominent YouTube users began to accuse the site of engaging in de facto censorship, arbitrarily disabling monetization on videos discussing various topics such as skincare, politics, and LGBT history.
- However, this achievement in LGBT history was incorrectly ascribed to San Francisco politician Harvey Milk.
- The change was a milestone in the country's LGBT history.
- Ranging from solemn to carnivalesque, pride events are typically held during LGBT Pride Month or some other period that commemorates a turning point in a country's LGBT history, for example Moscow Pride in May for the anniversary of Russia's 1993 decriminalization of homosexuality.
- Homosexuality as a mental disorder was removed from the DSM in 1973, a significant event in LGBT history.
- The centre also houses a LGBT history library.
- Using an LGBTQ+-inclusive curriculum where LGBTQ+ individuals, history and events are portrayed in a more positive manner allows students to become more aware and more accepting of LGBTQ+-related issues.
- In 2007, Sanders received the Clio's Silver Cup Award from the International Lesbian and Gay Cultural Network for outstanding achievements in documenting and disseminating information about LGBT History.
- It is widely cited as a foundational work in LGBT history.
- In 2014, the National Park Service announced its initiative to study and commemorate LGBT history.
- New York has a long history of LGBT community building, activism, and culture which extends to the early history of the city.
- Her areas of interest include women's movements, sexuality, and LGBT and women's history.
- As a scholar, she specializes in Chicana history, feminist studies, queer history, and decolonial theory.
- Maddux's documentary film Reel in the Closet (2015) features LGBTQ home movie and video footage, and stresses the importance of finding, restoring, and preserving this aspect of LGBT history.
- SNMA is dedicated solely to LGBT history, civil rights, art and culture.
- In 2013, he founded Oscar Wilde Tours, the first tour company focused on LGBT history.
- This article concerns LGBT history in Florida.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT history