LGBT rights similar to or like LGBT rights in Barbados
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in Barbados do not enjoy the same rights as non-LGBT people. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Singapore face challenges not faced by non-LGBT people. Illegal, even if it is consensual and takes place in private, and the Attorney-General of Singapore has declared that prosecutions under Section 377A occasionally still occur, although sources state that the law is not well enforced. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people have the same rights as New Zealand's general population. Advanced, relative to other countries in Oceania, and is one of the most liberal in the world, with the country being the first in the region and thirteenth in the world to enact same-sex marriage. Wikipedia
Sentences forLGBT rights in Barbados
- 🇧🇧 Barbados: On 15 September 2020, the government announced its intention to pass a form of civil union in order to end discrimination on the island, and also said it would not legislate same-sex marriage without holding a referendum on the issue.
- The ruling could serve as a precedent for other Caribbean island nations, including, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to decriminalise homosexuality.
- These nine countries are Jamaica, Dominica, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Guyana, the last of which is on mainland South America and the rest of which are Caribbean islands.
- The event was the first pride parade in the English-speaking Caribbean, and has inspired other countries to hold their own similar marches such as Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago and Saint Lucia.
- These countries include Barbados, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Dominica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, Guyana, and Jamaica.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT rights in Barbados