Topics similar to or like LGBT tourism
Form of tourism marketed to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Wikipedia
Anti-LGBT rhetoric are themes, catchphrases, and slogans that have been used against homosexuality or other non-heterosexual sexual orientations in order to demean lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. They range from the demeaning and the pejorative to expressions of hostility towards homosexuality which are based on religious, medical, or moral grounds. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights in the United States have evolved in recent decades. However, LGBT Americans may still face some legal and social challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents, particularly in states with large conservative populations, such as in the Deep South; in rural areas; and in some Native American tribal nations. Wikipedia
Interwoven history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied movements in the United States of America, beginning in the early 20th century and influential in achieving social progress for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual people. Political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society. Wikipedia
Made up of assaults on gay men, lesbians, bisexual, and transgender individuals , legal responses to such violence, and hate crime statistics in the United States of America. Those targeted by such violence are believed to violate heteronormative rules and contravene perceived protocols of gender and sexual roles. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in the Bahamas may face challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Legal in the Bahamas, there are no laws that address discrimination or harassment on the account of sexual orientation or gender identity, nor does it recognize same sex unions in any form, whether it be marriage or partnerships. Wikipedia
Opposition to legal rights, proposed or enacted, for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. Organizations influential in LGBT rights opposition frequently oppose the enactment of laws making same-sex marriage legal, the passage of anti-discrimination laws aimed at curtailing anti-LGBT discrimination, including in employment and housing, the passage of anti-bullying laws to protect LGBT minors, laws decriminalizing same-gender relationships, and other LGBT rights related laws. Wikipedia
Socialist society related to the Labour Party in the United Kingdom. To campaign within the Labour Party and wider Labour movement to promote the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peoples, and to encourage members of the LGBT community to support the Labour Party. Wikipedia
LGBT student centers are administrative offices of a college or university that provide resources and support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students. LGBT has expanded to LGBTQIA+ to include lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual and other identities. Wikipedia
LGBT ageing addresses issues and concerns related to the ageing of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. Older LGBT people are marginalised by: a) younger LGBT people, because of ageism; and b) by older age social networks because of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, heteronormativity (the assumption that everyone is heterosexual), heterosexism (the privileging of heterosexuality), prejudice and discrimination towards LGBT people. Wikipedia
US-born activist for international human rights, primarily focusing on the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. He founded the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights Program at Human Rights Watch, the first-ever program on LGBT rights at a major "mainstream" human rights organization, and served as its executive director from May 2004 - August 2010. Wikipedia
LGBT themes in speculative fiction include lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) themes in science fiction, fantasy, horror fiction and related genres. LGBT character as the protagonist or a major character, or explorations of sexuality or gender that deviate from the heteronormative. Wikipedia
Attitudes toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and their experiences in the Muslim world have been influenced by its religious, legal, social, political, and cultural history. The Quran narrates the story of the "people of Lot" destroyed by the wrath of God because the men engaged in lustful carnal acts between themselves. Wikipedia
LGBT topics in medicine are those that relate to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender access to health services. According to the US Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA), besides HIV/AIDS, issues related to LGBT health include breast and cervical cancer, hepatitis, mental health, substance abuse, tobacco use, depression, access to care for transgender persons, issues surrounding marriage and family recognition, conversion therapy, refusal clause legislation, and laws that are intended to "immunize health care professionals from liability for discriminating against persons of whom they disapprove." Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for same-sex marriage, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
Generally accepting of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peoples. Epitomised by the fact that there are several members of Parliament who belong to the LGBT community, LGBT rights are protected by the Human Rights Act, and same-sex couples are able to marry as of 2013. Wikipedia
Sentences forLGBT tourism
- Mykonos became popular with international "jet set" tourists in the 1960s, and then became a popular gay tourist destination in the 1980s.
- Greece is one of Europe's most popular LGBT tourist destinations, particularly its largest cities Athens and Thessalonica as well as several of its islands.
- Named "the best gay city in the world" by American Airlines, Tel Aviv is one of the most popular destinations for LGBT tourists internationally, with a large LGBT community.
- Due to this association, Lesbos and especially the town of Eresos, her birthplace, are visited frequently by LGBT tourists.
- Conversely, New York City is also a highly popular LGBT tourist destination, and the city actively courts LGBTQ tourism.
- The country's capital and largest city, Buenos Aires, has become an important recipient of LGBT tourism and has been described as "Latin America's gay capital".
- The city is an important global LGBT destination, 1 million LGBT tourists visiting each year.
- The Bahamas has a tourist-based economy and the government targets a variety of markets, but not the growing LGBT tourism market.
- The bar became the first openly lesbian club that was geared towards the local gay community as opposed to gay tourists.
- The film follows the maiden voyage of R Family Vacations, the travel company founded by Rosie and Kelli O'Donnell which specializes in gay family vacations.
- In these countries there is a flight of their LGBT populations —with the consequent loss of talent—, as well as an avoidance of LGBT tourism, that leaves the pink money in LGBT-friendlier countries.
- Much appreciated as a winter destination for foreign tourists, mostly from north-European countries (Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, etc.), it remains the largest tourist destination in the Canary Islands and a worldwide-known destination for LGBT tourism.
- In September 2009, a statement was released on the QuAIA website calling for a boycott of LGBT leisure tourism to Israel.
- The North Beach Village Resorts offer a mixture of accommodations catering to families and singles in addition to LGBT tourism travelers.
- After a visit with Graham Scott to leading cities in the United States looking at their gay quarters, in co-operation with Edinburgh and Lothian Tourist Board he proposed that Edinburgh boost its appeal to gay tourists.
- Greece is one of Europe's most popular LGBT tourist destinations.
- Cairns is the second most popular Australian destination for LGBT tourists after Sydney, particularly as a destination immediately before and after the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- That same year, Pamies also developed and launched a LGBT tourism pilot program in Mexico, initially running the program in Yucatán state.
- He has published six novels and non-fiction travel guides for LGBT tourism in Australia.
- Examples of such targeted inclusion are bars and nightclubs, LGBT tourism, or specialized culture consumption.
- LGBT cruises are a rising phenomenon in LGBT culture and a growing trend in the LGBT tourism industry.
- With Greece being one of Europe's most popular LGBT tourist destinations, many establishments catering for the LGBT community can be found in islands such as Mykonos, which is known worldwide for the gay and lesbian scene.
- LGBTQ tourism is estimated to be worth over $200 billion a year as of 2019.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT tourism