Topics similar to or like Le Mans Prototype
Type of sports prototype race car used in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, FIA World Endurance Championship, WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, European Le Mans Series and Asian Le Mans Series. Wikipedia
Type of sports prototype race car that will be used as the top class of the FIA World Endurance Championship, alongside the Le Mans Hypercars, and will also serve as the top class of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The LMDh regulations were created jointly by the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), and the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. Wikipedia
Set of regulations for sports prototype race cars to be used as the top class of the FIA World Endurance Championship, alongside the LMDh class. Le Mans Hypercar regulations were created jointly by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) and the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) as a successor class to the Le Mans Prototype LMP1 class from the 2021 season onwards. Wikipedia
American racing team, currently competing in the European Le Mans Series, FIA World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In 2019, the team entered the NTT IndyCar Series with a five race schedule, including the 103rd Indianapolis 500, with car #81 driven by Ben Hanley. Wikipedia
Series of Le Mans Prototype built for sports car racing, specifically in the American Le Mans Series, Le Mans Series, and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. First purpose-built race car by the Acura division of Honda Motor Company, part of their multi-year program to eventually compete in endurance race. Wikipedia
Sentences forLe Mans Prototype
- These cars are referred to as LMP (Le Mans prototype) cars with LMP1 being run mainly by manufacturers and the slightly less powerful LMP2 cars run by privateer teams.
- More recently, Lola produced a range of sports cars for Le Mans-style racing starting with the B98/10, which was successful in the European market but less so in the USA.
- In 2017 the series became the IMSA Prototype Challenge presented by Mazda, featuring LMP3 cars and L1 cars re-branded as MPC (Mazda Prototype Challenge).
- Custom-built Le Mans Prototypes (LMP) are the top two classes, LMP1 and LMP2, divided by speed, weight, and power output.
- In 2001, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), organisers of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, announced new regulations for Le Mans Prototypes.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Le Mans Prototype