Settlements similar to or like Leiden
City and municipality in the province of South Holland, Netherlands. Wikipedia
Province of the Netherlands with a population of just over 3.7 million as of November 2019 and a population density of about 1373 /km2, making it the country's most populous province and one of the world's most densely populated areas. Area of 3419 km2, of which 605 km2 is water. Wikipedia
List of settlements in the province of South Holland, in the Netherlands. GEOnet Names Server (GNS) Wikipedia
- Because of its history, the historical inner city of The Hague differs in various aspects from the nearby smaller cities of Leiden and Delft.
- Leiden University (commonly abbreviated as LEI; Universiteit Leiden) is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands.
- In 17th-century Leiden, for instance, people opening their homes to services could be fined 200 guilders (a year's wage for a skilled tradesman) and banned from the city.
- According to an estimate by a priest from Leiden the disease killed 5,000 people, about half the population at that time.
- During his time in Indonesia, he collected well over 12,000 specimens, many of which currently reside at the Natural History Museum in Leiden.
- In the beginning of July the Prince of Orange assembled an army of 5,000 soldiers near Leiden to free Haarlem.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Leiden