People similar to or like Leon Russell
American musician and songwriter who was involved with numerous bestselling pop music records during his 60-year career. Wikipedia
American musician, singer-songwriter, and composer. Commonly nicknamed the "Piano Man" after his first major hit and signature song of the same name, he has led a commercially successful career as a solo artist since the 1970s, having released 12 studio albums from 1971 to 1993 as well as one studio album in 2001. Wikipedia
American popular music has had a profound effect on music across the world. The country has seen the rise of popular styles that have had a significant influence on global culture, including ragtime, blues, jazz, swing, rock, bluegrass, country, R&B, doo wop, gospel, soul, funk, punk, disco, house, techno, salsa, grunge and hip hop. Wikipedia
List of notable events in music that took place in the year 1969. The last year in which the United States government gave greater financial support, through the National Endowment for the Arts "Music Program" to opera than it did to other classical music, and the first year in which it gave any support at all to jazz and folk music. Wikipedia
American singer, songwriter and musician. As a locally successful Detroit-area artist, he performed and recorded as Bob Seger and the Last Heard and Bob Seger System throughout the 1960s, breaking through with his first album, Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (which contained his first national hit of the same name) in 1968. Wikipedia
American record producer, musician, and songwriter known for his innovative recording practices and entrepreneurship in the 1960s, followed decades later by his trial and conviction for murder in the 2000s. Spector developed the Wall of Sound, a music production formula he described as a Wagnerian approach to rock and roll. Wikipedia
English musician, singer, songwriter, and music and film producer who achieved international fame as the lead guitarist of the Beatles. Sometimes called "the quiet Beatle", Harrison embraced Indian culture and helped broaden the scope of popular music through his incorporation of Indian instrumentation and Hindu-aligned spirituality in the Beatles' work. Wikipedia
Sentences forLeon Russell
- Between March 16 and 19, 1971, Dylan reserved three days at Blue Rock, a small studio in Greenwich Village, to record with Leon Russell.
- He has said the album, a collaboration with American singer, songwriter and sideman Leon Russell, marked a new chapter in his recording career, saying: "I don't have to make pop records any more."
- Recorded during a break in touring in the spring and summer, the album reached number 11 on the US charts and garnered a second UK hit with the Leon Russell song, "Delta Lady".
- Shankar opened the show, which featured popular musicians such as Dylan, Clapton, Leon Russell, Badfinger, Preston and Starr.
- The first signature on the guitar was Leon Russell's, who asked Nelson initially to sign his guitar.
- During the late 1980s and early 1990s Hornsby worked extensively as a producer and sideman, notably producing a comeback album Anything Can Happen for Leon Russell.
- Taupin and John also composed several songs for The Union, a collaboration album between Elton and his longtime hero Leon Russell released in October 2010.
- They were given the nickname The Swampers by music producer Denny Cordell during the Leon Russell sessions because of their "funky, soulful Southern 'swamp' sound".
- Little Sister was also dissolved; Mary McCreary married Leon Russell and worked with him on music projects.
- He in turn brought in Newman, Leon Russell and another friend, pianist/arranger Van Dyke Parks, to play on recording sessions.
- That year they made a two disc gospel set, "Revival" (their first full gospel album since 1976) with Leon Russell producing.
- Burnett produced a collaboration album by Elton John and Leon Russell.
- They were named after musicians Leon Russell and Keith Jarrett, respectively.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Leon Russell