Settlements similar to or like Lewes, Delaware
Incorporated city on the Delaware Bay in eastern Sussex County, Delaware. Wikipedia
Sentences forLewes, Delaware
- The first European settlement in the state of Delaware was founded by the Dutch in 1631 near the present-day town of Lewes on the Atlantic Coast.
- Officials planned to close the span entirely if sustained winds exceeded 50 mph. A wind gust of 64 mph was measured at Lewes just before 2:30 p.m. on October 29.
- Sussex County was the site of the first European settlement in Delaware, a Dutch trading post named Zwaanendael at the present site of Lewes.
- The Dutch were the first Europeans to settle in present-day Delaware in the middle region by establishing a trading post at Zwaanendael, near the site of Lewes in 1631.
- At that time, the city of Amsterdam made a grant of land at the Hoernkills (the area around Cape Henlopen, near the current town of Lewes) to a party of Mennonites.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Lewes, Delaware