Topics similar to or like Library (computing)
Collection of non-volatile resources used by computer programs, often for software development. Wikipedia
System software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs. Time-sharing operating systems schedule tasks for efficient use of the system and may also include accounting software for cost allocation of processor time, mass storage, printing, and other resources. Wikipedia
Computer program at the core of a computer's operating system that has complete control over everything in the system. The "portion of the operating system code that is always resident in memory", and facilitates interactions between hardware and software components. Wikipedia
Mechanism by which a computer program can, at run time, load a library into memory, retrieve the addresses of functions and variables contained in the library, execute those functions or access those variables, and unload the library from memory. One of the 3 mechanisms by which a computer program can use some other software; the other two are static linking and dynamic linking. Wikipedia
Sentences forLibrary (computing)
- Extension modules are shared objects which can be used to extend the functionality of the interpreter by providing native facilities to Lua scripts.
- The LGPL is primarily used for software libraries, although it is also used by some stand-alone applications.
- Companies like Oracle and Microsoft provide their own APIs so that many applications are written using their software libraries that usually have numerous APIs in them.
- The most commonly used method for doing so is to use "a suitable shared library mechanism for linking".
- A standalone executable that dynamically links to a library through a .so, .dll, or similar medium is generally accepted as not being a derivative work as defined by the LGPL.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Library (computing)