Settlements similar to or like Liverpool
City and metropolitan borough in Merseyside, England. Wikipedia
City and metropolitan borough in Greater Manchester, England. The city has the country’s fifth-largest population at 547,627 (as of 2018) and lies within the United Kingdom's second-most populous urban area, with a population of 2.7 million, third most-populous county, at around 2.8 million, and second-most populous metropolitan area, with a population of 3.3 million. Wikipedia
Metropolitan and ceremonial county in North West England, with a population of 1.38 million. It encompasses the metropolitan area centred on both banks of the lower reaches of the Mersey Estuary and comprises five metropolitan boroughs: Knowsley, St Helens, Sefton, Wirral and the city of Liverpool. Wikipedia
City and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. Second-largest city, urban area and metropolitan area in England and the United Kingdom, with roughly 1.1 million inhabitants within the city area, 2.9 million inhabitants within the urban area and 3.7 million inhabitants within the metropolitan area and lies within the most populated English district. Wikipedia
- Acts from Liverpool have had 54 UK chart number 1 hit singles, more per capita than any other city worldwide.
- Some including Liverpool supported the Confederacy as did "current opinion in all classes" in London.
- The UK has a history of non-white immigration with Liverpool having the oldest Black population in the country dating back to at least the 1730s during the period of the African slave trade.
- Nationalist sentiment grew following the flooding of the Tryweryn valley in 1965 to create a reservoir to supply water to the English city of Liverpool.
- Manchester is 35.0 mi north-east of Liverpool and 35.0 mi north-west of Sheffield, making the city the halfway point between the two.
- During the 1960s, Birmingham was the home of a music scene comparable to that of Liverpool.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Liverpool