Officeholders similar to or like Lloyd Doggett
American attorney and politician who is a U.S. Representative from Texas. Wikipedia
Sentences forLloyd Doggett
- In 1984, Rove helped Gramm, who had become a Republican in 1983, defeat Republican Ron Paul in the primary and Democrat Lloyd Doggett in the race for U.S. Senate.
- He was defeated by only 273 votes — a very narrow margin — by State Senator Lloyd Doggett of Austin, who lost the general election but later served many years in the House.
- Lloyd Doggett (Texas) called the 'Fairness in Music Licensing Act' the 'Music Theft Act' and claimed that it was a mechanism to "steal the intellectual property of thousands of small businesspeople who are song writers in this land."
- Due to the 2003 mid-decade redistricting plan, the 10th's boundaries were gerrymandered forcing Democratic incumbent Lloyd Doggett to redistrict to the 25th district.
- Gramm in turn defeated the Democratic nominee, then state Senator and later U.S. Representative Lloyd Doggett, and went on to serve three terms in the U.S. Senate.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Lloyd Doggett