Topics similar to or like Local government in the United States
Local government in the United States refers to governmental jurisdictions below the level of the state. Wikipedia
Administrative or political subdivision of a state that consists of a geographic region with specific boundaries and usually some level of governmental authority. Used in 48 U.S. states, while Louisiana and Alaska have functionally equivalent subdivisions called parishes and boroughs, respectively. Wikipedia
Sentences forLocal government in the United States
- County or county-equivalent structure varies widely by state, and states also create other local governments.
- Numerous Hispanics and Latinos hold elective and appointed office in state and local government throughout the United States.
- Unlike Canada or the United States, there is only one level of local government in each state, with no distinction such as cities and counties.
- Hayes also worked to establish a sanitary district in West Asheville, which became an incorporated town in 1913, and merged with Asheville in 1917.
- All states are unitary governments, not federations or aggregates of local governments.
- Hot Springs operates under the council-manager form of city government, one of the two most common forms of local government in the United States, and common in smaller municipalities.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Local government in the United States