Settlements similar to or like London Borough of Southwark
Connected by bridges across the River Thames to the City of London. Wikipedia
City, ceremonial county and local government district that contains the historic centre and the primary central business district of London. It constituted most of London from its settlement by the Romans in the 1st century AD to the Middle Ages, but the modern city named London has since grown far beyond the City of London boundary. Wikipedia
London borough partly in West London and partly in Southwest London (Fulham); it forms part of Inner London. Traversed by the east–west main roads of the A4 Great West Road and the A40 Westway, many international corporations have offices in the borough. Wikipedia
London borough in north-west London, England, and forms part of Outer London. It borders four other London boroughs Barnet to the east of ancient Watling Street (now the A5 road), Brent to the south-east, Ealing to the south and Hillingdon to the west plus the Hertfordshire districts of Three Rivers and Hertsmere to the north. Wikipedia
Sentences forLondon Borough of Southwark
- In 1965 the two boroughs were combined with the Metropolitan Borough of Camberwell to form the current London Borough of Southwark.
- In May 2012, Caine was awarded the Honorary Freedom of the London Borough of Southwark as a person of distinction and eminence of the borough.
- These areas now form the London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Wandsworth, and the Penge area of the London Borough of Bromley.
- In 1965, most of the Borough of Camberwell was merged into the London Borough of Southwark.
- Today it is part of the London Borough of Southwark.
- Camberwell is a district of South London, England, within the London Borough of Southwark.
- City residents send their children to schools in neighbouring Local Education Authorities, such as Islington, Tower Hamlets, Westminster and Southwark.
- It lies within the local council ward of Faraday in the London Borough of Southwark.
- It is based in the former Bankside_Power_Station">Bankside Power Station, in the Bankside area of the London Borough of Southwark.
- To the north and east, the borough mainly borders the London Borough of Bromley, and in the north west the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
- The headquarters of the GLA is at City Hall in Southwark.
- Rotherhithe is a residential district in south-east London, England, and part of the London Borough of Southwark.
- Peckham is a district of south London, England, within the London Borough of Southwark.
- Bermondsey is a district in South East London in the London Borough of Southwark, England, 2.5 mi southeast of Charing Cross.
- Some secondary school children enrol in schools in Islington, Tower Hamlets, Westminster or Southwark.
- The London Borough of Southwark lies to the east of the Borough of Lambeth.
- The London Borough of Southwark maintains most roads, particularly residential streets, but Transport for London (TfL) manages certain routes: the A100; the A101 (Rotherhithe Tunnel); the A2; the A200; the A202.
- He continued to live at the house in Devon, until suffering a fatal heart attack on 28 October 1998 while undergoing hospital treatment for colon cancer in Southwark, London.
- Croydon is the principal area of the borough, Crystal Palace is an area north of Croydon, which is shared with the London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Bromley.
- For strategic planning, since 2011 there has been a Central London sub-region comprising the boroughs of Camden, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Southwark, Westminster and the City of London.
- The borough shares borders with the London Boroughs of Lewisham and Greenwich to the north, Bexley to the north-east, Southwark and Lambeth to the north-west, and Croydon to the west.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: London Borough of Southwark