Islands similar to or like Long Island
Densely populated island in the southeast part of the U.S. state of New York, in the northeastern United States. Wikipedia
Predominantly suburban county and is the easternmost county in the U.S. state of New York. 1,493,350, estimated to have decreased slightly to 1,476,601 in 2019, making it the fourth-most populous county in New York, after New York City's Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Wikipedia
Most densely populated of the five boroughs of New York City, and coextensive with the County of New York, one of the original counties of the U.S. state of New York. Manhattan serves as the city's economic and administrative center, cultural identifier, and historical birthplace. Wikipedia
Largest metropolitan area in the United States by urban landmass, at 3450.2 mi2. The metropolitan area includes New York City (the most populous city in the United States), Long Island, and the Mid and Lower Hudson Valley in New York State; the five largest cities in New Jersey: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, and Edison, and their vicinities; and six of the seven largest cities in Connecticut: Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, and Danbury, and their vicinities. Wikipedia
Sentences forLong Island
- Long Island alone accounted for a census-estimated 7,838,722 residents in 2015, representing 39.6% of New York State's population.
- The erosive forward movement of the ice (and its subsequent retreat) contributed to the separation of what is now Long Island and Staten Island.
- Most of New York City is built on the three islands of Long Island, Manhattan, and Staten Island.
- Brooklyn (Kings County), on the western tip of Long Island, is the city's most populous borough.
- A small wooden farmhouse built around 1812, the cottage once commanded unobstructed vistas over the rolling Bronx hills to the shores of Long Island.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Long Island