Record labels similar to or like MCA Records
American record label owned by MCA Inc., which later gave way to the larger Universal Music Group. Wikipedia
American record label owned by Universal Music Group through its Interscope Geffen A&M imprint. Founded in late 1990 by Jimmy Iovine and Ted Field as a $20 million joint venture with Atlantic Records of Warner Music Group, it differed from most record companies by letting A&R staff control decisions and allowing artists and producers full creative control. Wikipedia
Sentences forMCA Records
- He declined an offer of a job with Warner Bros. Pictures and left the company, subsequently becoming president of MCA Records.
- The album and "Crocodile Rock" were respectively the first album and single on the consolidated MCA Records label in the US, replacing MCA's other labels, including Uni.
- Maitland moved to MCA Records later that year and successfully consolidated MCA's labels, which he couldn't do at Warner.
- In 1993, MCA Records delayed a multimillion-dollar sale of Hendrix's publishing copyrights because Al Hendrix was unhappy about the arrangement.
- had also obtained a record deal with MCA, and in December Slovak and Irons quit the Red Hot Chili Peppers to focus on What Is This?.
- Black Flag, however, was briefly signed to MCA subsidiary Unicorn Records, but were dropped because an executive considered their music to be "anti-parent".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: MCA Records