Topics similar to or like Major film studios
Major film studios are production and distribution companies that release a substantial number of films annually and consistently command a significant share of box office revenue in a given market. Wikipedia
Method of filmmaking wherein the production and distribution of films is dominated by a small number of large movie studios. Most often used in reference to Hollywood motion picture studios during the Golden Age of Hollywood from the 1920s to 1960s, wherein studios produced films primarily on their own filmmaking lots with creative personnel under often long-term contract, and dominated exhibition through vertical integration, i.e., the ownership or effective control of distributors and exhibition, guaranteeing additional sales of films through manipulative booking techniques such as block booking. Wikipedia
Major entertainment company or motion picture company that has its own privately owned studio facility or facilities that are used to make films, which is handled by the production company. Most firms in the entertainment industry have never owned their own studios, but have rented space from other companies. Wikipedia
The film industry or motion picture industry, comprises the technological and commercial institutions of filmmaking, i.e., film production companies, film studios, cinematography, animation, film production, screenwriting, pre-production, post production, film festivals, distribution and actors, film directors and other film crew personnel. Expansion of opportunities to acquire investment capital from outside the film industry itself, have allowed independent film production to evolve. Wikipedia
American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Warner Bros. Studios complex in Burbank, California, and a subsidiary of AT&T's WarnerMedia through its Studios & Networks division. One of the "Big Five" major American film studios, as well as a member of the Motion Picture Association . Wikipedia
Sentences forMajor film studios
- As of 2007, Bacall has sold a number of scripts to major studios, including Psycho Funky Chimp and In Search of Captain Zero.
- Major film studios sought them out; Disney signed Merchant Ivory Productions to a three year distribution deal in 1991.
- In 2015, the festival welcomed over 40,000 visitors and showed over 300 films from around the world, shorts and features, commercial and independent.
- Most of these services are owned by a major film studio.
- Arthur Julian Zellner (1883 – 1952) was an American screenwriter and film studio publicity man active from the 1920s through the 1940s.
- The American major film studios censored and edited films so that they could be exported to Germany.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Major film studios