Holidays similar to or like Makar Sankranti
Festival day in the Hindu calendar, dedicated to the deity Surya . Wikipedia
Also referred to as Thai Pongal (தைப்பொங்கல், also spelled Tai Pongal), is a multi-day Tamil harvest festival of South India, particularly in the Tamil community. Observed at the start of the month Tai according to Tamil solar calendar, and this is typically about January 14. Wikipedia
Sentences forMakar Sankranti
- A month-long fair is held around Makar Sankranti at Dadhia in Mongalkote PS. There is a Nangteswar Shiva fair during Maha Shivaratri at Babladihi.
- Ganga Sagar Mela coincides with the Makar Sankranti, and hundreds of thousands of Hindu pilgrims converge where the river Ganges meets the sea to bathe enmasse during this fervent festival.
- Makar Sankranti is a festival where people of Gujarat fly kites.
- Thousands of pilgrims visit the place in winter every year, especially on the Makar Sankranti day for a holy dip in the sacred kund which is believed to wash away one's sins.
- Kumbhamela is another major pilgrimage on the eve of the solar festival Makar Sankranti.
- Haridwar most recently hosted the Purna Kumbh Mela from Makar Sankranti (14 January 2010) to Vaishakh Purnima Snan (28 April 2010).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Makar Sankranti