Topics similar to or like Malmedy massacre trial
Held in May–July 1946 in the former Dachau concentration camp to try the German Waffen-SS soldiers accused of the Malmedy massacre of December 17, 1944. Wikipedia
War crime committed by members of Kampfgruppe Peiper, a German Waffen-SS unit led by Joachim Peiper and part of the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, at Baugnez crossroads near Malmedy, Belgium, on December 17, 1944, during the Battle of the Bulge. Eighty-four American prisoners of war were massacred by their German captors. Wikipedia
German SS-Obersturmbannführer and convicted war criminal who was responsible for the 1944 Malmedy massacre of American prisoners of war. During World War II in Europe he served as personal adjutant to Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, between September 1939 and September/October 1941, and thereafter as a Waffen-SS commander. Wikipedia
During the Dachau liberation reprisals, German prisoners of war were killed by U.S. soldiers and concentration camp internees at the Dachau concentration camp on April 29, 1945, during World War II. Unclear how many SS members were killed in the incident but most estimates place the number killed at around 35–50. Wikipedia
The mass murder of 80 British and French POWs by Waffen-SS soldiers from the 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler during the Battle of France in May 1940. Holding the road that runs southward from Bergues through Wormhoudt, Cassel and Hazebrouck to delay the German advance. Wikipedia
Sentences forMalmedy massacre trial
- Captured SS soldiers who were part of Kampfgruppe Peiper were tried during the Malmedy massacre trial following the war for this massacre and several others in the area.
- Captured SS men who were part of Kampfgruppe Peiper were tried during the Malmedy massacre trial following the war for this massacre and several others in the area.
- On that day he was sentenced to life imprisonment in the Malmedy massacre trial for his involvement in ordering the execution of U.S. prisoners of war.
- Following the end of the war, soldiers and officers of Kampfgruppe Peiper, including Joachim Peiper and SS general Sepp Dietrich, were tried for the incident at the Malmedy massacre trial.
- Peiper and some of his officers were after the war tried and convicted for this war crime along with others perpetrated during the same period.
- The end of the war saw a number of war crime trials, including the Malmedy massacre trial.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Malmedy massacre trial